Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B minus
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade B+
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C
Pewamo-Westphalia Junior/Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Westphalia, MI. It has 518 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 24 to 1. According to state test scores, 35% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Pewamo-Westphalia Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B minus90 Students
- grade B73 Students
- grade B minus72 Students
- grade A68 Students
- grade B+61 Students
- grade B47 Students
- grade B+27 Students
- grade A+24 Students
- grade B minus23 Students
- grade A20 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B+
- Housinggrade A
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- no data--
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- no data--
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 4 responses
- Sporting Events75%
- 5th quarter parties25%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade B minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$10,810 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 7 responses
Schools like Pewamo-Westphalia Junior/Senior High School
- grade B minusPortland High School
- Portland Public Schools, MI
- Rating 3.48 out of 5 86 reviews
- grade A minusDeWitt High School
- Dewitt Public Schools, MI
- Rating 3.69 out of 5 172 reviews
- grade C+Fulton High School
- Fulton Schools, MI
- Rating 3.6 out of 5 81 reviews
- grade BGrand Ledge High School
- Grand Ledge Public Schools, MI
- Rating 3.71 out of 5 413 reviews
Pewamo-Westphalia Junior/Senior High School Reviews
Rating 4.5 out of 5 22 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I had an amazing experience at P-W because the culture at this school cannot be duplicated. The teachers truly care about you and want you to understand the content. They do not only care about your grades, but how you are doing. They like to make sure you are doing alright in every aspect of life. My favorite part of the school is the people. The way everyone acknowledges each other. Because we are a small town, it builds the culture of our school and our standards we have for not only ourselves but for each other. This is the difference between my school and others. We care about others well being and safety. I would not have wanted to go through high school anywhere else.
Pewamo-Westphalia Community Schools have left an positive impact on every student to graduate from there. The school district is made up from multiple surrounding communities including Pewamo and Westphalia. The reason this school district has vastly expanded in the previous 5 years is because of the positive environment and excellent academic program provided for all students. The school staff has an unwavering passion for their jobs, students, and the desire to see all students succeed. Every student feels welcome and is encouraged to give their personal best every day. This hard work and effort pays off as Pewamo-Westphalia is ranked 1068 in the United States with a student body enrollment just over 300, as of 2018. I would highly recommend Pewamo-Westphalia Community Schools to any person or family who has a passion for their education.
I like Pewamo-Westphalia because we here at PW are champion. The students, teachers and the athletes are competitive. I believe something that makes PW different from other schools is how the students challenge ourselves and others to be better. Once we reach the top we will not stop we are always told to change our personal best to reach higher and higher. Pewamo-Westphalia is my description of the perfect high school from athletics to teachers we will strive to be the best. The teachers prepare us for college and teaching how college professors would do to get us ready. Pewamo-Westphalia is in my personal opinion the best high school in Michigan.