Pettisville High School is an above average, public school located in Pettisville, OH. It has 239 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Pettisville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B20 Students
- B-15 Students
- A+15 Students
- B15 Students
- B+13 Students
- B8 Students
- B8 Students
- B-7 Students
- A-7 Students
- B-6 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Schools like Pettisville High School
- BMorenci High School
- Morenci Area Schools, MI
- 31 reviews
- BPike-Delta-York High School
- Pike-Delta-York Local School District, OH
- 39 reviews
- B+Evergreen High School
- Evergreen Local School District, OH
- 34 reviews
- BWauseon High School
- Wauseon Exempted Village School District, OH
- 72 reviews
Pettisville High School Reviews
The cafeteria works very hard to make sure that the students have a very healthy lunch. There are many different items that the cafeteria has added that have been very tasty like sweet potato casserole, glazed carrots, parfaits, to so with black beans, chef salads, and much more. However there is a short coming on the side dish options. Almost everyday there is a main dish, one or two veggies, and one or two fruits. The problem is that when you choose not to take one of the veggies and you only like one of the fruits, you still have one slot left on your tray. This causes the risk for you to still be hungry! So the only thing is that they need more variety and choices for fruits and vegetables, instead of just lettuce, carrots, and applesauce.
I really love Pettisville High School. First, because of the smallness of the school which allows for really close relationship with most of my classmates. Second, because of the great school spirit and athletics. I especially like going to basketball games and cheering on the blackbirds. Finally, everyone from Pettisville as a whole are very good natured people that are just so nice. Everyone supports everyone else in everything. It's great!
I truly love everything about the school I attend. Through my high school career I have been able to be involved with many organizations which I would not have been able to in another school. I do believe that is something that makes this school unique. At Pettisville students can be and are involved in more than one extracurricular, and by that they are able to make more friends and more connections. Through this we have been able to make the school feel more like a family rather then a place to be during the day.