Petoskey High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+113 Students
- B+73 Students
- A+71 Students
- B-52 Students
- B+43 Students
- B-32 Students
- B28 Students
- B+28 Students
- A17 Students
- B-16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 28 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
Schools like Petoskey High School
- C+Alanson Public School
- Alanson Public Schools, MI
- PK, K-12
- 4 reviews
- B+Harbor Springs High School
- Harbor Springs School District, MI
- PK, 9-12
- 63 reviews
- BCharlevoix Middle/High School
- Charlevoix Public Schools, MI
- 57 reviews
- B+Boyne City High School
- Boyne City Public Schools, MI
- 66 reviews
Petoskey High School Reviews
Something that is truly incredible about Petoskey High School is their band program. It was one of the groups I felt like was a family to me. The program is not only successful, but different walks of life go through it. I had the privilege to be a drum major as a senior for the band, and it was one of the best experiences. One thing that I would like to see change is just the bullying that happens. There is bullying at any school you go to, but it is an important issue to keep working on! Overall, I was happy with my experience at Petoskey High School.
Being apart of a new uprising Catholic High school has been challenging but also very rewarding. Every student is taking college level classes that are being classically taught. In our history English and writing courses we start with the beginning of time and travel through to where we are today. With reading books such as Dante Divine comedy, Heart of Darkness and many more of the classic books before reaching our Junior year we are able to really appreciate literacy. Not only is St. Michael devoted in academics but in our extracurricular actives. I have been fortunate enough to personally start a social dance program that is open to all high school students, where they learn ballroom dancing. There has been very limited limitations to my high school experience and I am forever grateful to the men and women that have provided this school for me.
Petoskey High School is a great high school, in a great town. There are so many opportunities offered in so many categories. As a senior at Petoskey High School, I was involved in varsity tennis and marching band. Both of those groups have tremendously high rating against other schools. The varsity tennis team has won their regionals for the past 8 years. The marching band has competed in Class A and placed first for 39 years in a row. This goes to show how strong Petoskey High School is in the activities they offer. In my 3 full years so far at the high school, I have not had one bad teacher. They have all been fantastic and have taught me all I need to know about the subject that I was enrolled in. Petoskey High School has really been influential on me and created a positive mindset going forward into college.