Petersburg High School is a public school located in Petersburg, WV. It has 692 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 23% of students are at least proficient in math and 46% in reading.
Petersburg High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-47 Students
- C+40 Students
- C+27 Students
- B-24 Students
- B-15 Students
- B14 Students
- B-12 Students
- C+11 Students
- C+9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Petersburg High School Reviews
I liked that they have many different academics offered to the students and have the vocational school on its campus. The atmosphere is friendly and the teachers are always willing to go beyond to help the students. The students and teachers welcomed my daughter to the school with open arms when she transferred to the school her senior year from a nearby county. This showed me that the staff encouraged students to be open to new students that were new to the school and to not treat them like they didn’t belong since the majority of the students had been in classes together through out there schooling.
My experience at Petersburg High school has been very good. The teachers are helpful and understanding. Like every other school there has been some disruptions, but we have overcome them and went on with our education. Our school is small so most teachers know the students by name.
I believe Petersburg high school isn't the most diverse in students or the culture they have. The school has very little money to buy new supplies. The little money they do have they spend it on things that are of little use. An example is when the school bought flat screen televisions for the cafeteria, but we don't even use them. I would like to see the school use the money they have on more school supplies and see children do more hand-ons activites like in science.