Petersburg High School is a public school located in Petersburg, VA. It has 795 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 69% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+139 Students
- B116 Students
- B+107 Students
- B-88 Students
- B-58 Students
- A-55 Students
- A+48 Students
- B+41 Students
- A38 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like Petersburg High School
- CHopewell High School
- Hopewell City Public Schools, VA
- 98 reviews
- C+Carver College and Career Academy
- Chesterfield County Public Schools, VA
- 18 reviews
- C+Dinwiddie High School
- Dinwiddie County Public Schools, VA
- 177 reviews
- B-Prince George High School
- Prince George County Public Schools, VA
- 313 reviews
Petersburg High School Reviews
I graduated from Petersburg High in 2017. Two main aspects I was disappointed were the lack of campus security and college preparation. The security guards did not always patrol the entire campus as some students were known for skipping certain classes. Regarding college preparation, there were not enough college visits presented to the students. Also, classes should have been held to show students how to properly create college and scholarship essays.
My experience with Petersburg High was good, especially my 12th grade year. The teachers at Petersburg High was very helpful and they help you prepare for college or even the workforce. They care and want to see you succeed.
The extracurricular course in my school are quite interesting and career moving. We have cosmology, Culinary Arts, Engineering, childcare, and much more.most students try to get into cosmology or Childcare. None of the course happen after school unless everything being bored castes for the whole community to see.