Peters Township High School is a highly rated, public school located in Mcmurray, PA. It has 1,426 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 93% of students are at least proficient in math and 96% in reading.
Peters Township High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+184 Students
- A150 Students
- A-94 Students
- A+63 Students
- A-52 Students
- A+52 Students
- B-47 Students
- A-45 Students
- A+43 Students
- B-42 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.36 responses
Schools like Peters Township High School
- A+Upper St. Clair High School
- Upper St. Clair School District, PA
- 226 reviews
- ASouth Fayette Township High School
- South Fayette Township School District, PA
- 163 reviews
- ABethel Park High School
- Bethel Park School District, PA
- 292 reviews
- A+Mt. Lebanon Senior High School
- Mt. Lebanon School District, PA
- 297 reviews
Peters Township High School Reviews
Peters Township High School offers a unique high school experience in which it provides students a safe and comfortable learning environment. Teachers are supportive and absolutely want their students to succeed, while challenging them to earn their grades. Additionally, this district offers students a wide array of sports teams and clubs to join and make new friends. If I would change anything, I would try to make class sizes a little smaller if possible in order to make learning new information easier to understand and ask questions about. However that may not be an option due to the size of the high school. The average class has around 18 to 28 students, but I still feel that smaller classes would be ideal to help students fully grasp the concept being taught. Overall, I have had a wonderful time at this school and I feel that teachers do an excellent job of preparing students for not only the next grade level, but for life.
The teachers at Peters Township High School are range in teaching and organizations styles, while most of are science and math teachers prefer hands on learning, our social studies teachers like hand outs and powerpoints, and most of our english teachers like videos and powerpoints; although every teacher has their own style of how they present the work they are giving to us students. I've never had a teacher who wansn't consisten with their grading style or didn't let you know ahead of time how they were going to grade an assignment. Each teacher is incredibly friendly and willing to help students outside of class, some can be tricky to reach but most can be contacted early in the morning before school starts, or via email. The teachers are Peters are outstanding.
Peters Township High School is a very good education, with most of the teaching staff being highly educated, kind people. For the most part, there is little major bullying or fights, and there are not too many problems within the school. The diversity is lacking, but this could be due to just where the school is located, not that diverse people are not allowed. One thing I would like changed is the school's focus on football, and only football. I'm glad they support the football team, but they tend to forget, and under fund, the other programs, such as the music department. If they could be more equal with their favoritism and funding, it would make for an even better high school experience.