Peters Township High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+137 Students
- A108 Students
- A-69 Students
- A+48 Students
- A+47 Students
- A-42 Students
- A+41 Students
- A34 Students
- B-32 Students
- A31 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.36 responses
Peters Township High School Reviews
Review Peters Township High School
The teachers at Peters Township High School are range in teaching and organizations styles, while most of are science and math teachers prefer hands on learning, our social studies teachers like hand outs and powerpoints, and most of our english teachers like videos and powerpoints; although every teacher has their own style of how they present the work they are giving to us students. I've never had a teacher who wansn't consisten with their grading style or didn't let you know ahead of time how they were going to grade an assignment. Each teacher is incredibly friendly and willing to help students outside of class, some can be tricky to reach but most can be contacted early in the morning before school starts, or via email. The teachers are Peters are outstanding.
Peters Township High School is a very good education, with most of the teaching staff being highly educated, kind people. For the most part, there is little major bullying or fights, and there are not too many problems within the school. The diversity is lacking, but this could be due to just where the school is located, not that diverse people are not allowed. One thing I would like changed is the school's focus on football, and only football. I'm glad they support the football team, but they tend to forget, and under fund, the other programs, such as the music department. If they could be more equal with their favoritism and funding, it would make for an even better high school experience.
My experience at this school has been both good and bad. Since I transferred from a private school my freshman year, I had to make quite the adjustment from a small private school to a larger public school. Instantly, I got involved and made many friends. The students were so friendly and welcoming, making my transition much easier. However, a negative with attending this school would definitely be the strike that took place during the fall. It took away from our vacation time and extended our school year to the end of June. Although they finally and thankfully came to an agreement, our graduation date is much later than a majority of schools in the area. Overall, my experience at Peters Township High School has had its mix of great and not so great experiences.