Petal High School is a highly rated, public school located in Petal, MS. It has 1,196 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 58% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Petal High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-297 Students
- A198 Students
- A-161 Students
- C+155 Students
- B+115 Students
- B96 Students
- B+67 Students
- A60 Students
- A-50 Students
- B46 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 46 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.24 responses
Schools like Petal High School
- AOak Grove High School
- Lamar County School District, MS
- 191 reviews
- B-Richton High School
- Richton School District, MS
- 6 reviews
- B-North Forrest High School
- Forrest County School District, MS
- 42 reviews
- CHattiesburg High School
- Hattiesburg Public School District, MS
- 138 reviews
Petal High School Reviews
Petal High School is an amazing school! We have a great administration, full of people who love the students and want the best for every individual student. The teaching staff is even better! It's high school, of course, which makes it hard for the teachers to tend to every student; however, each teachers does everything they can to give ever individual student the best learning experience they can have.
Petal high school is like a well oiled machine. Everything runs smooth! Amazingly talented students, intelligent teachers, and understanding administrators. Our school is all about reaching goals. Although our student body is very involved, I’d love to see more clubs for those students who may not yet have a group to go to.
Do not have a problem with the education of the school this school is the reason we moved here. but If your child is not in the right click they are bullied and targeted. The school cares more about the dress code then stopping the bullies! I have loved most of the teachers however the principal is another issue! I like pretty much everything about Petal schools. The teachers are great and the students are held to a very high standard. The rules for the students are very strict. We moved here from a large northern city where it seemed like the students were running the schools. The only thing I do not like is the politics involved in the sports programs. There is a lot of favoritism for students from certain families. If you are new to the area unless you are a freakishly good player you ain't got much of a chance to play. Overall Petal is a very good school district and I'm glad we moved here.