Peshtigo High School is an above average, public school located in Peshtigo, WI. It has 409 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Peshtigo High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+21 Students
- B-16 Students
- B10 Students
- B+10 Students
- A-10 Students
- B+9 Students
- B+9 Students
- A-8 Students
- B-7 Students
- B7 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Peshtigo High School
- B-Menominee High School
- Menominee Area Public Schools, MI
- 42 reviews
- C+Marinette High School
- Marinette School District, WI
- 61 reviews
- C+Coleman High School
- Coleman School District, WI
- 19 reviews
- C+Oconto High School
- Oconto Unified School District, WI
- 34 reviews
Peshtigo High School Reviews
Peshtigo High school has been the central location where a lot of my time has been spent to this point. Since the school has about four hundred students, most students know each other and can talk with one another. Although the spirit is fairly high, Peshtigo's facilities are not up to par. The school was built almost one hundred years ago, and it is starting to falter. In the warm months, the school is uncomfortably hot, and in winters the bone-chilling coldness is unacceptable. None of the gyms are close to ideal for supporting sporting events, either. The hallways are very narrow and crowded during the school day. During my time at Peshtigo, I have had plenty of fun and learned lots, but for future students, they deserve better accommodations available to them.
The teachers at this school are very involved with their students. While attending this school, I always received help when I needed it. For example, during one of my semesters where I studied pre-calculus I could not achieve good grades on my homework. My teacher noticed this and immediately offered suggestions to help. I decided to study with my teacher early in the mornings and my grade consistently improved. I also had the same experience with my English teacher during my junior and senior years. In my English classes I wrote many papers. Almost every paper my teacher helped me fix sentence and grammar issues and overall made me a better writer. They all have an interest in their students and are willing to help them learn and become better.
Peshtigo School system has been pretty great. My child has gone there kindergarten thru now, senior year. There have been just a couple "difficult " teachers; however my child isn't perfect either. Administration is nice to work with. New office staff this year is failing in personality.