Peru Jr./Sr. High School is a public school located in Peru, NY. It has 879 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 70% of students are at least proficient in math and 70% in reading.
Peru Jr./Sr. High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B77 Students
- C+41 Students
- A-18 Students
- B+16 Students
- A+15 Students
- C14 Students
- A+13 Students
- A-11 Students
- A+11 Students
- B11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Peru Jr./Sr. High School
- B-Beekmantown High School
- Beekmantown Central School District, NY
- 107 reviews
- BSaranac High School
- Saranac Central School District, NY
- 51 reviews
- B+Plattsburgh Senior High School
- Plattsburgh City School District, NY
- 77 reviews
- BAusable Valley High School
- Ausable Valley Central School District, NY
- 34 reviews
Peru Jr./Sr. High School Reviews
I loved that Peru High School is a smaller than usual high school and with that, there becomes a strong community that helps each other. However, the smaller the school is, the resources are also small. Additionally, there is a serious lack of diversity and the academics are questionable at times, however, in a general sense, it does encourage students to do their best and attend college or employment. With the expanding science and technology programs, it'll be easier for students to pursue their areas of interest.
Peru Jr./Sr. High School has some of the most involved and supportive teachers, however the administration seems to be more concerned with implementing disciplinary actions than knowing the students. There's often more to why the student wasn't on time for class, or in a location that wasn't stated on their pass. The administration never seems to dig deeper, or care to listen, especially if that student is female. Unlike the administration, the teachers at Peru are indescribably caring and selfless. A few teachers in particular have helped me every step of the way and have been there for me for years. These teachers made my high school career remarkable and I couldn't imagine not having a close relationship with them.
I like having all these different sports and having musical stuff. My experience hasn't been the best at Peru, I have been bullied, used, backstabbed and abandoned and because of that I have had Social Anxiety and depression. I have became anti Social because of what I have been through. I am a sensitive person and I have been through a lot at Peru and most of the kids there are selfish,heartless and mean. I have been through a lot and most people with what I have been through might not have came out of it all alive. I got lucky to be different and to fight even when having mental breakdowns and letting what the other kids thought of me affect how I thought of me. Things are finally starting to get better for me I have a loving boyfriend who has been through a lot as well and has social anxiety and depression as well. I no longer let what the other kids think of me affect how I think of myself, I know love myself and learned to just be myself, I am finally happy