Peru Jr./Sr. High School is a public school located in Peru, NY. It has 890 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 65% of students are at least proficient in math and 63% in reading.
Peru Jr./Sr. High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B63 Students
- C+37 Students
- A-16 Students
- C12 Students
- A+11 Students
- B+11 Students
- B-10 Students
- B9 Students
- B9 Students
- A+8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Peru Jr./Sr. High School
- C+Beekmantown High School
- Beekmantown Central School District, NY
- 97 reviews
- BSaranac High School
- Saranac Central School District, NY
- 49 reviews
- A-Plattsburgh Senior High School
- Plattsburgh City School District, NY
- 69 reviews
- BAusable Valley High School
- Ausable Valley Central School District, NY
- 33 reviews
Peru Jr./Sr. High School Reviews
Peru Jr./Sr. High School has some of the most involved and supportive teachers, however the administration seems to be more concerned with implementing disciplinary actions than knowing the students. There's often more to why the student wasn't on time for class, or in a location that wasn't stated on their pass. The administration never seems to dig deeper, or care to listen, especially if that student is female. Unlike the administration, the teachers at Peru are indescribably caring and selfless. A few teachers in particular have helped me every step of the way and have been there for me for years. These teachers made my high school career remarkable and I couldn't imagine not having a close relationship with them.
I like having all these different sports and having musical stuff. My experience hasn't been the best at Peru, I have been bullied, used, backstabbed and abandoned and because of that I have had Social Anxiety and depression. I have became anti Social because of what I have been through. I am a sensitive person and I have been through a lot at Peru and most of the kids there are selfish,heartless and mean. I have been through a lot and most people with what I have been through might not have came out of it all alive. I got lucky to be different and to fight even when having mental breakdowns and letting what the other kids thought of me affect how I thought of me. Things are finally starting to get better for me I have a loving boyfriend who has been through a lot as well and has social anxiety and depression as well. I no longer let what the other kids think of me affect how I think of myself, I know love myself and learned to just be myself, I am finally happy
Overall. It was a good school to attend. Sometimes they make decisions for everyone involved, that puzzles the mind. They don't always look at, or try to look at every angle of a subject before diving head first into a longterm decision. Although, they do have a wide range of classes, and extracurricular activities the students can delve into to explore what they are interested in moving forward. It would be preferred if the all of administrators treated each as equals, and provided more support for each moving forward. A great majority of teachers at Peru are wonderful at their job and care for the students. They are great for helping students develop as people. In the later years, Peru has some fantastic staff which help a person move on into their next step in life, college, military, or work. Finally, pack a lunch if possible.