Perth Amboy High School is a public school located in Perth Amboy, NJ. It has 2,012 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 11% of students are at least proficient in math and 24% in reading.
Perth Amboy High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A201 Students
- B-177 Students
- B+175 Students
- B-118 Students
- A114 Students
- B+101 Students
- B+101 Students
- A+76 Students
- A-75 Students
- A-72 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.26 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 87 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.40 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.49 responses
Schools like Perth Amboy High School
- COrange High School
- Orange Board of Education, NJ
- 115 reviews
- CNew Brunswick High School
- New Brunswick Public Schools, NJ
- PK, 9-12
- 157 reviews
- C-Plainfield High School
- Plainfield Public Schools, NJ
- 140 reviews
- D+Irvington High School
- Irvington Board of Education, NJ
- 178 reviews
Perth Amboy High School Reviews
PAHS is a good school with well trained students as well as well mannered students. During the past few years, the graduation rate of the school have increased substantially and I believe the school is going to be in greater heights and students will also aim higher for bigger and better opportunities in life. Teachers are always there to help and what I love most about the school is the After school learning center which is for free! Not many schools have this so I believe Perth Amboy High is a good school and we will always strive higher.
I've attended Perth Amboy Public Schools since Pre-K, so I am biased when it comes to my view of PAHS. This school has gotten a bad rap because of its below-average graduation rate, school fights, and poor grades. Despite this, PAHS is a great school; it offers many activities and clubs, from community service opportunities to advocacy groups, sports like wrestling football, and soccer, which are improving by the year, and a plethora of brilliant teachers who offer all kinds of courses — from AP to Honors. The truth is that if you want to accomplish something in high school, this school will help you do just that, but if you want to fail in high school, you'll see that failing is just as easy. The school can definitely use some improvement. For instance, there's a massive disconnect between the students and the administration, but there's no such thing as a perfect school, and PAHS is great for what it's worth.
Thoughout last couple of years, Perth Amboy High School has been the place where I've learned to do what's right instead of what's easy. Further, due to vicarious learning; I have a notion and realize how to behave, study, and survive without experiencing any of the consequences a bad habit might provoke. At Amboy High, the teacher I have taken classes with, always look out for you and try to enhance your proficiency level. In the other hand, I will like to see a change in what is the school's spirit, making a family friendly environment, self appreciating from the students and being able to produce in the community.