Person High School is a public school located in Roxboro, NC. It has 1,381 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 28% of students are at least proficient in math and 38% in reading.
Person High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+98 Students
- B+90 Students
- B+87 Students
- A+87 Students
- B+78 Students
- B64 Students
- B+61 Students
- B-56 Students
- A-50 Students
- B-41 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 20 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.28 responses
Person High School Reviews
As of 2017, there are no academic clubs -- debate, math, science, tech, quiz bowl, etc -- at Person, except for maybe the book club. Person High also is not very clean, evidenced by the many cockroaches in classrooms -- though this is pretty standard for a high school. The teaching staff ranges from the very best you can find (particularly in the history and foreign language departments) to those who have either given up on or have trouble controlling their classrooms or effectively teaching, so it is difficult to rate them as a whole.
I am a senior at Person High School. In the four years that I have attended this school I have been able to expand my knowledge with great teachers for my core classes. And the teachers for my elective classes have been outstanding and very knowledgeable about the subjects they were teaching. They also provided a lot hands on approach for learning. I have not had any safety issues while attending Person High. I feel very safe at school. I feel the teachers have prepared me for college. The administrative staff have been very helpful when I have had questions regarding everything from printing previous years report cards to be very helpful in selecting and applying to college.
I honestly have to say that Person High School has been a very good experience for me. They offer a range of Honor Classes and AP courses that students can take advantage of and I took full advantage of these opportunities. PHS also is connected with Piedmont Community College where we can also take college courses. I have always been challenged at PHS in academics and I feel like I am ready for college. I've never felt unsafe at school, I feel like the administration and teachers do very well to help control outbreaks. Overall, I've had a very good experience.