Person High School
- ROXBORO, NC
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C+
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade C
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C
- Health & Safetygrade C minus
- Administrationgrade C minus
- Sportsgrade C+
- Foodgrade C minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C
Person High School is a public school located in ROXBORO, NC. It has 1,106 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 35% in reading.
Person High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+130 Students
- grade B128 Students
- grade B+124 Students
- grade A+122 Students
- grade B+111 Students
- grade B94 Students
- grade C+79 Students
- grade B+75 Students
- grade A minus72 Students
- grade B minus58 Students
Map is loading
View Homes Near Person High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade C
- Housinggrade C+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade C minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 24 responses
- Homecoming and Coming Home25%
- Pep rally25%
- Sport Tournaments21%
- Teacher vs. Student Basketball Game13%
- Spirit Week8%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 17 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$10,412 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 29 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 29 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 29 responses
Person High School Reviews
Rating 3.1 out of 5 147 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Overall, I had a great experience at Person High School. I worked hard in my classes and ended with a 3.1 GPA. I played on the varsity basketball team all four years. I was accepted to Pfeiffer University as a student-athlete, where I will play basketball. All of these things were made possible because of my experiences at Person High School.
I got a good foundational education at Person. My children graduated from Person, My grandchildren, nieces, nephews, are now attending. I retired from teaching at Person after 30 years. I coached cheerleaders at Person. My son played football, wrestled, and threw the shot put in track at Person. I go back to sub at Person. Person High School is the place to be!
During my four years at person i’ve dealt with some amazing teachers and bad teachers, i’ve made some unforgettable moments and some that i would love to forget, but overall person has been great to me. Most teachers will do their best to help you out. In all of my time at person high school the experience was definitely something i can learn from. I would say the classes i’ve taken have prepared me for the load that i would face while in college. Playing sports at the school has given to the opportunity to learn more and become a better leader and encourage others to do their absolute best.