Perryville Senior High School Reviews

Perryville High School definitely needs an update. The teachers and staff are all friendly, but bathrooms are so old they start to lack privacy. Advancements need to be made.
Many of the teachers prepare students for higher level education. The administrators try to get students and teachers involved in making the school be more engaged. We take part in many clubs and activities. The school is a seemingly safe place and is very welcoming.
It's a nice highschool some teachers are really good we just have those few that think a C is the new A in their class
Start Your Review of Perryville Senior High School
place smells like buttcheese, wear a gas mask at all times. The camel burgers are overpriced. womack cannot math. i am ready to live the streets, thanks PCSD! (:
I liked the size of the school. The main thing that I would like to see change is better communication. The high school offers a lot of clubs, programs, classes, and organizations, but I think they could do a better job at letting people know about them.
Despite the number of "poor" and "average" scores I gave my alma mater on this survey, I did enjoy my high school experience. However, this is because I generally enjoy learning, as well as my friends and teachers. PHS is a thoroughly average school that could be a lot better if it was better funded.
The diversity of the student body is very good. I would like to see the change of having more sport opportunities. The teachers are excellent and are making the students ready for college.
This school did not fully prepare me for college. It also got rid of all of the good teachers just because they fought against the new changes. They fired teachers that wanted more for the students. I do not miss this school at all.
Perryville Senior High School was where I started and finished school. I love the environment, staff, students, and education involved at this particular school. They have a wonderful facility, the only thing I would recommend fixing or changing would be the bathrooms in the high school, they need a major upgrade.
The main thing is that, like most other high schools, they focus on preparing you for tests like the ACT, and what they think you will need for college classes. Instead, they should be doing more to prepare young adults for life beyond the classroom.
I really enjoy Perryville High School it is a good learning environment you enjoy good time with your friends and the teachers are always willing to help. I would to see a couple changes to our facilities the bathrooms need updated they are pretty run down and need to plumbing. I would like to see some of the sport facilities get updates so we aren’t behind other schools. But overall this is a nice school with a good learning environment with lots of enjoyable people to be around.
we can't even afford bathroom doors that lock. our teachers are not properly trained. our school lunches are a grade above not edible. and over all the building and district is falling apart at the seams.
I grew up in perryville so I was very connected with the people there. While I was in high school we had some administrators that I did not agree with which took away from my high school experience.
I spent all 12 years at Perryville School District 32 & they offer many varieties of classes especially in High School through the career center. I got my start in animal anatomy through the FFA program & Ag classes that will help me in my journey through Veterinary Tech school.
One thing I would change is the amount of snow days they use. It doesn't take much more than a snow forecast & they are cancelling school. It just seems a bit excessive at times.
The teachers there are pretty cool, the things being taught are pretty cool, the clubs there are pretty cool, and the people there are pretty cool, except when they aren't cool. The environment there is pretty cool as well. If I had anything to say about the Perryville Senior High School, it would be that it is a pretty cool school. If this description of this school is starting to sound a little bit repetitive, then you can probably guess that what I would say next about it, would be something about it being pretty cool. If the reader enjoyed this review of the school, then they too, are probably pretty cool.
Perryville Senior High School provides a comfortable learning environment. Teachers and staff are friendly, knowledgeable and extremely helpful. If you have questions, they are willing to help. Many have gone out of the way to assist me when I have needed it. Courses that are offered help prepare you for whatever career path you choose. There is a wide range of course options available to accommodate everyone's interests.
I enjoyed the small home town experience where everybody knew each other. The teachers were always accommodating to each and every student. If I were to change anything about the school, I would want to give the teachers more resources in the classroom. (Updated Textbooks, Laptops,ets...)
Start Your Review of Perryville Senior High School
The workload provided depends on the classes you sign up for. If you only take the basic required classes the workload is little to none. There is dual credit classes offered that obviously include a larger work load. Our school also weights our classes which will help you determine a general idea of the difficulty level before you sign up for the class.
Our school is not extremely ethnically diverse,but we are very socially diverse. For the most part our school is accepting, but sometimes when it comes to sexuality or other things if students feel it's just an attention seeker students can be a bit annoyed and judgmental.
I discussed our every student joins a club policy in other section so I won't explain that all again, but I will list some clubs and extracurricular activities available. As far as sports we have a Boys Soccer, Girls Soccer, Boys Basketball, Girls Basketball, Track and Field, Cross Country (Back starting this year), Cheer leading,Softball, Baseball, Volleyball, and Golf team. Our boys soccer team has gone to state the past 2 years; placing first in 2014 and second in 2015. This is something the team, our school, and our town is very proud of. There's even a sign underneath all the city limit signs. Clubs of the Musical nature offered are; Jazz Band, Marching Band, Concert Band, Concert Choir, Chamber Choir, Women's Choir, and Men's Choir. Other clubs include: Drama, Spanish, Best Buddies (Where students become buddies with students of special needs.), Anime, Bring a Book, Dance Workout, Homework Help, FCCLA, FFA, Friends of Education, FBLA, DECA, STUCO, and Running Club.