Perryville Senior High School is a public school located in Perryville, MO. It has 773 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Perryville Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B110 Students
- B-60 Students
- A49 Students
- B+34 Students
- A33 Students
- B+30 Students
- B21 Students
- B-19 Students
- A-18 Students
- A16 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Perryville Senior High School Reviews
In my opinion, school is what you make it. If you go about it saying it sucks or that the teachers suck and blame everything thing on other people then you probably won't succeed. As long as you try in school, put forward the effort, and use resources available there are great chances you will do well. My high school has implemented a new thing starting last year where every student has to be a member of a club. There has also been many new clubs added to fit the interests of every student. I think this is a really great idea and should help students be more involved and make new friends who share their interests. Some clubs have really sky rocketed such as Gaming Club and Anime Club. Though neither of these are interests I have it's great to see others find their place! The downfall to this idea is that this year students were put in to clubs for the "club day" so that one club doesn't get too large. I feel this could enable kids to get into the club they finally fit in to. Also, Gaming Club was taken away and I know there were many students strongly upset about this. Another thing new to our school this year is the BYOD policy. I think is a great policy allowing technology to be used more in class despite the constant non-working laptops and lack of laptops at our school.
Perryville Senior High School was where I started and finished school. I love the environment, staff, students, and education involved at this particular school. They have a wonderful facility, the only thing I would recommend fixing or changing would be the bathrooms in the high school, they need a major upgrade.
I discussed our every student joins a club policy in other section so I won't explain that all again, but I will list some clubs and extracurricular activities available. As far as sports we have a Boys Soccer, Girls Soccer, Boys Basketball, Girls Basketball, Track and Field, Cross Country (Back starting this year), Cheer leading,Softball, Baseball, Volleyball, and Golf team. Our boys soccer team has gone to state the past 2 years; placing first in 2014 and second in 2015. This is something the team, our school, and our town is very proud of. There's even a sign underneath all the city limit signs. Clubs of the Musical nature offered are; Jazz Band, Marching Band, Concert Band, Concert Choir, Chamber Choir, Women's Choir, and Men's Choir. Other clubs include: Drama, Spanish, Best Buddies (Where students become buddies with students of special needs.), Anime, Bring a Book, Dance Workout, Homework Help, FCCLA, FFA, Friends of Education, FBLA, DECA, STUCO, and Running Club.