Perryville High School is a public school located in Perryville, AR. It has 483 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 20% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B60 Students
- B55 Students
- A29 Students
- B27 Students
- B+19 Students
- B13 Students
- B-12 Students
- B-9 Students
- C+8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Perryville High School Reviews
The school was wonderful during the elementary years; however, once we reached high school things drastically changed. It shortly became evident that what applies for one does not apply for the other. It seems as though parents are given too much power and control at times. As years passed, it seemed as though what mattered was who your parents are. Don't get me wrong, I truly had some really great teachers. Also had some teachers that were caught up in drama and favoritism. I have always loved school and was excited about the next year's arrival. However, my junior and senior years started to lose my love and excitement about school. I just grew tired of all the competitiveness. I started school at Perryville and finished my high school education with Perryville.
I like the opportunity to get a scholarship for sharing my opinion. I like my high school at Perryville, AR because it is small enough that everyone knows each other. If I could change anything it would be that updates be made to the buildings because some of the original rooms are still in place and they have been there since 1960. Overall I love my school.
For the most part I have had some good experiences lasting relationships with some teachers. However, some teachers fall into the politics of favoritism and having parental relationships.