Perry Meridian High School is an above average, public school located in Indianapolis, IN. It has 2,339 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 23% of students are at least proficient in math and 49% in reading.
Perry Meridian High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A389 Students
- B+281 Students
- B267 Students
- A+219 Students
- A-189 Students
- B-168 Students
- B+128 Students
- B109 Students
- C+99 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.36 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.36 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 133 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.57 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.62 responses
Schools like Perry Meridian High School
- BSouthport High School
- Metropolitan School District of Perry Township, IN
- 252 reviews
- B-Beech Grove High School
- Beech Grove City Schools, IN
- 93 reviews
- B-Decatur Central High School
- Metropolitan School District of Decatur Township, IN
- 254 reviews
- A-Speedway Senior High School
- School Town of Speedway, IN
- 67 reviews
Perry Meridian High School Reviews
My high school experience was like no other in perry meridian high school! PMHS has become a very diverse and accepting school with an outstanding school spirit that was sure to move you into the right direction. Clubs, sports, and any after school activity was diverse enough to have anyone included! I’ve had the best experience in this amazing High School!
My four years I have spent at Perry Meridian have been nothing but the ordinary. Perry Meridian is filled with so much love, so much passion, and so much safety. The staff at Perry is so involved and concerned about the students academic life. They strive use to be the best that we can possible be. The staff and students are so united. We are a family. We are a team. That is shown every single day. I love being a falcon!
Perry Meridian is a great school! They have excellent diversity as well as great programs to help all students grow. The only thing they lack is safety, sports, and food. All three of these the school is working on improving, however it still needs is prominent enough for complaints.