Perry-Lecompton High School is an above average, public school located in Perry, KS. It has 237 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Perry-Lecompton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-40 Students
- A-36 Students
- B32 Students
- B23 Students
- B22 Students
- B15 Students
- B+11 Students
- B-6 Students
- B-5 Students
- C+5 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 12 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Perry-Lecompton High School
- BJefferson West High School
- Jefferson West Unified School District, KS
- 56 reviews
- B+Shawnee Heights High School
- Shawnee Heights Unified School District, KS
- 188 reviews
- A-Seaman High School
- Seaman Unified School District, KS
- 171 reviews
- B-Oskaloosa Junior/Senior High School
- Oskaloosa Public Schools, KS
- 21 reviews
Perry-Lecompton High School Reviews
My overall experience at Perry-Lecompton was a pretty good one. There are some things about it I liked while there are some things I would change. One of the things I liked about it was the option to take college classes while in high school. Our school is connected with Highland Community College which allows us to take some classes there and get some college credit out of the way. One thing I would change however, is the lunches. I believe we should be able to get better food and also get the option to have an open lunch and be able to go get food at other places. I would also like to see more classes available to take.
A good portion of the staff is great. The small town community allows for good connections between teachers and students. The teachers are always trying to prep their students beyond just the curriculum. If there is any downtime, they also teach life lessons from either their own lives or the lives of their children. The only thing that could be better in this school is the attitude of the community. The community looks down upon the good teachers that are actually doing good for Perry-Lecompton.
Ninety percent of teachers here are amazing. The staff is always helping and love chatting with students. The class selection is broad yet minimal st the same time, making hard to choose classes that actually fit into the major you want in college.