Perry-Lecompton High School is an above average, public school located in Perry, KS. It has 261 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 35% of students are at least proficient in math and 35% in reading.
Perry-Lecompton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A37 Students
- A31 Students
- B30 Students
- B18 Students
- B+18 Students
- B14 Students
- B+9 Students
- B-7 Students
- C5 Students
- B4 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 11 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Perry-Lecompton High School
- BJefferson West High School
- Jefferson West Unified School District, KS
- 54 reviews
- B+Shawnee Heights High School
- Shawnee Heights Unified School District, KS
- 180 reviews
- A-Seaman High School
- Seaman Unified School District, KS
- 157 reviews
- B-Oskaloosa Junior/Senior High School
- Oskaloosa Public Schools, KS
- 19 reviews
Perry-Lecompton High School Reviews
A good portion of the staff is great. The small town community allows for good connections between teachers and students. The teachers are always trying to prep their students beyond just the curriculum. If there is any downtime, they also teach life lessons from either their own lives or the lives of their children. The only thing that could be better in this school is the attitude of the community. The community looks down upon the good teachers that are actually doing good for Perry-Lecompton.
Ninety percent of teachers here are amazing. The staff is always helping and love chatting with students. The class selection is broad yet minimal st the same time, making hard to choose classes that actually fit into the major you want in college.
I am experiencing my last year at this high school and I am sad to go. Perry-Lecompton has made me who I am today and that is a hard working honest individual. It has done so from the opurtunities that are provided through out the school. Opurtunities like the vast variety of clubs offered, as well as extracurricular activities. I myself have learned the value of hard work and what it really means to lead a group based upon my role in varsity sports. The only drawback of the school is that in recent years the school board has not taken full responsibility of their actions. Despite the school board the faculty is genuinely passionate for the education of their students.