grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C minus
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade C
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade C minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade D
Perry High School is a public school located in Perry, MI. It has 438 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Perry High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A111 Students
- grade B minus73 Students
- grade B64 Students
- grade B+57 Students
- grade A+49 Students
- grade B minus44 Students
- grade B33 Students
- grade B+29 Students
- grade B minus22 Students
- grade B minus21 Students
Living in the Area
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade B+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 39 responses
- Pep Assemblies!28%
- Marching Band13%
- Science Olympiad8%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade C minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$10,316 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 17 responses
Schools like Perry High School
- grade B+Laingsburg High School
- Laingsburg Community Schools, MI
- Rating 3.97 out of 5 59 reviews
- grade C+Ovid-Elsie High School
- Ovid-Elsie Area Schools, MI
- Rating 3.42 out of 5 138 reviews
- grade B minusCorunna High School
- Corunna Public Schools, MI
- Rating 3.39 out of 5 89 reviews
- grade BFowlerville High School
- Fowlerville Community Schools, MI
- Rating 3.35 out of 5 134 reviews
Perry High School Reviews
Rating 3.63 out of 5 123 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
My experience at Perry High school has been great! All the staff members are very helpful. They are always there for us students. They are also always available for us. The students are all kind and they education is great. Something I would like to see a change in would be how long the classes are. Before covid hit each class was about 50-55 minutes long. Now we do three classes a day for 2 hours. If schools don't go back to normal for the 2021-2022 school year I think classes should go back to 50 minutes or do a half day. Being in a classroom for 2 hours is a really long time to just sit and learn.
I thoroughly enjoy attending Perry High School. I have not only developed lifelong friendships but also gained incredible insight and knowledge from all the amazing teachers that I have had in the past three years. I know my school challenges me and pushes me to be the best I can be not only academically but also as a person. Furthermore, I enjoy the various AP classes that have taught me so much that I can bring into college and use later in life. I am excited yet saddened that this year will be my last but excited to use everything my teachers have given me!
I am happy to say I went to Perry High School. However I do believe that some areas were not up to par. When I went to college I felt as though Perry should have taught me a little more. I also believe some things they taught me prepared me for college as well. So, it is definitely a two way street. I think Perry had a lot of good teachers. Now I am not so sure because I feel as a lot of the good teachers left. I think that most, if not all of the teachers, do really care about their students. I think Perry lacked in the extracurricular department and could use some more funding for the kids. Overall I think Perry is a pretty good small school and would recommend it to people in the area.