Perry High School
- PERRY, IA
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C+
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade C
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C
- Health & Safetygrade B
- Administrationgrade C minus
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade C minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Perry High School is a public school located in PERRY, IA. It has 555 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Perry High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
No data available
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A109 Students
- grade A88 Students
- grade B minus66 Students
- grade B+52 Students
- grade B minus48 Students
- grade B minus30 Students
- grade B26 Students
- grade B25 Students
- grade A19 Students
- grade B17 Students
View Homes Near Perry High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade B minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 38 responses
- Volunteer day16%
- Painting the rock11%
- Pep rallies8%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 9 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$13,004 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 12 responses
Schools like Perry High School
- grade BWoodward-Granger High School
- Woodward-Granger Community School District, IA
- Rating 3.66 out of 5 32 reviews
- grade BMadrid High School
- Madrid Community School District, IA
- Rating 3.5 out of 5 14 reviews
- grade B+Ogden High School
- Ogden Community School District, IA
- Rating 4.14 out of 5 14 reviews
- grade A minusDallas Center - Grimes High School
- Dallas Center-Grimes Community School District, IA
- Rating 3.93 out of 5 102 reviews
Perry High School Reviews
Rating 3.47 out of 5 66 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Overall, my high school is very average. Being a highly hispanically populated community, and school district the majority of funding goes toward education English language learners. One thing that the students need to change is the overall attitude towards the school. School spirit is lacking, and when a few people voice their negative opinion about something, people are likely to give attention to that. I hope that when I come back to my high school for reunions that it only gets better, and the quality of education is raised for our student population.
I liked how welcoming and caring the teachers and staff were. They were open to helping you if you needed it. One thing that I would like to see change are a couple more volunteer days. Some kids aren't driving until their junior or senior year and they don't have a ride to be able to volunteer for the amount of hours that is needed in order to earn a silver cord at their graduation ceremony so they have to ask a friend for a ride. Another thing would be a more understanding physical education teacher because one of them is a little rough on teenagers. The other one is a lot better however, when it comes to that.
It's a small school which means its easier for the school staff and students to get to know each other. The staff is supportive and the school offers great opportunities such as the Gear Up program, Trio, etc, that can help students prepare for college. There are chances to take on campus as well as online DMACC classes that can transfer to your college, saving thousands of dollars for students in the future. The only thing I'd like to see change in are some students who attend the school, there are undisciplined students that are beyond the schools control, but I think there are students like that everywhere.