Perry High School is an above average, public school located in Massillon, OH. It has 1,583 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 40% of students are at least proficient in math and 64% in reading.
Perry High School Rankings
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-120 Students
- A+117 Students
- B102 Students
- A-74 Students
- C+69 Students
- A-56 Students
- B55 Students
- C+39 Students
- A34 Students
- B33 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Perry High School
- B-Tuscarawas Valley High School
- Tuscarawas Valley Local School District, OH
- 58 reviews
- B+Manchester High School
- Manchester Local School District (Akron), OH
- 63 reviews
- BMarlington High School
- Marlington Local School District, OH
- 69 reviews
- B-Canton South High School
- Canton Local School District, OH
- 132 reviews
Perry High School Reviews
Although I believe I received a decent education in this school, my experience was not great because most of the faculty did not seem to really care about the well-being of the students. The administration only cared about the school's outward appearance to neighboring communities, therefore only attending sporting events and highly regarding the students in this programs. They did not care nearly as much about arts programs (of which I was part). They also expect you to do everything regarding your future on your own, which to some extent I agree with, but when a student comes to them with questions about college or scholarships, most counselors say something to the effect of "figure it out on your own."
My experience at Perry High School has been absolutely outstanding. The staff and faculty are always willing to help the students out no matter the challenge. It's amazing how fast the school can come together and help out the community. The falculty and staff makes sure the students are safe from harm whether the problem is small or large. Thanks to Perry I have gained a vast amount of knowledge to help myself now and further down the road. Overall, there's no other school that I would rather go to because I'm proud to be a Panther.
I love Perry High School. I have been in the Perry school district since 3rd grade and I am always so thankful that I moved here. I have been able to challenge myself here and get ready for college. Not only was I given a great education, but I have met some of the best people who will be my friends forever.