Perry High School
- Massillon, OH
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade B minus
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade B
- Administrationgrade C minus
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade C+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C+
Perry High School is an above average, public school located in Massillon, OH. It has 1,471 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 46% of students are at least proficient in math and 71% in reading.
Perry High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B minus208 Students
- grade A+195 Students
- grade B166 Students
- grade A minus131 Students
- grade C+108 Students
- grade B minus94 Students
- grade A minus94 Students
- grade B87 Students
- grade C+65 Students
- grade A minus64 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B+
- Housinggrade B+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 12 responses
- Louie's voice at all of Perry's events33%
- Pep rallies33%
- The end of year Senior Prank25%
grade B minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 9 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$10,306 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 13 responses
Schools like Perry High School
- grade BTuscarawas Valley High School
- Tuscarawas Valley Local School District, OH
- Rating 3.58 out of 5 62 reviews
- grade BManchester High School
- Manchester Local School District (Akron), OH
- Rating 3.64 out of 5 73 reviews
- grade BMarlington High School
- Marlington Local School District, OH
- Rating 3.61 out of 5 79 reviews
- grade BCanton South High School
- Canton Local School District, OH
- Rating 3.66 out of 5 140 reviews
Perry High School Reviews
Rating 3.4 out of 5 127 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
At Perry High School, I like how there are several different classes, organizations, programs and clubs a student can participate in. Not only that, but the instructors of everything offered always strive to their best to push us to do our best. They teach responsibility and discipline, and what the results of both look like when going to competitions. The best thing about Perry, however, is the family like community, there's a lot of support in the perry community for what the high school does.
Teachers were very nice and often helpful. However there were some teachers that would pick favorites. This would result in students not getting the adequate education that they needed. Other than that, the language opportunities were amazing!
Overall, Perry High School reflects it's surroundings as a low income school. Perry has a lot of great programs including theatre, football, and speech and debate, but they lack funding at the state level. That's what a majority of the problems come down to. However, Perry has two other problems I hope will be fixed in the future: racism and homo/transphobia.