Perry Central Junior/Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Leopold, IN. It has 550 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 74% in reading.
Perry Central Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B53 Students
- B35 Students
- A31 Students
- B-27 Students
- B+23 Students
- A+23 Students
- C18 Students
- A-13 Students
- A-10 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Perry Central Junior/Senior High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like Perry Central Junior/Senior High School
- B-Hancock County High School
- Hancock County Public Schools, KY
- 64 reviews
- BForest Park Junior/Senior High School
- Southeast Dubois County School Corporation, IN
- 55 reviews
- B+Tell City Junior/Senior High School
- Tell City-Troy Township School Corporation, IN
- 32 reviews
- A-Mccracken County High School
- McCracken County Public Schools, KY
- 64 reviews
Perry Central Junior/Senior High School Reviews
It is a very exceptional school that has a lot of benefits for their students. They have teachers that care deeply for the students and will do whatever is needed to help the students excel, not only on academics but also in the real world. Over all the way Perry's teachers influence their students is phenomenal. Especially the Spanish teacher, MaryJo Hagedorn.
Perry Central is an exceptional school. There are tons of opportunities to make connections to job opportunities, the faculty are amazing, and there are plenty of chances to get scholarships and college credit.
The teachers are great and willing to help their students in anyway they possibly can! Our guidance counselor is the best! She is willing to go out of her way in order to make sure all the seniors are prepared and ready for all the obstacles that college has to give us! Our principal is standard. He takes charge when he needs to, but sometimes makes a big deal out of small events. I suppose that's better than not taking charge however. Our dress code is strict at first, but eventually some girls and guys weasel their way into wearing clothing that is not appropriate, but they are sent home to change once caught. The school atmosphere is wonderful though. I've never had to worry about violence outbreaks and have always felt safe at my school. Overall the staff and the student body give off a great deal of spirit and kindness.