Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Perkins-Tryon High School is a public school located in Perkins, OK. It has 426 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Perkins-Tryon High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A152 Students
- A73 Students
- B57 Students
- C39 Students
- C26 Students
- B-26 Students
- B25 Students
- B23 Students
- B22 Students
- B+22 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 26 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Perkins-Tryon High School Reviews
There are a lot of things to be liked about Perkins-Tryon High School. One of my favorites things is the amount of school spirit throughout t he school. I really enjoy being around people who seem to love the school. Something I would like changed is the food. In my opinion it is the only thing that is not the best, but I know the lunch ladies are trying their best!
I love how Perkins-Tryon High School has the small town feeling. Everyone knows everyone, and I enjoy that. It makes it easier for everyone to fit in and feel like they belong there. Although, I do wish that there were more resources and educational opportunities. We have the basic classes, and limited college-prep courses. While students do have the opportunity to attend Meridian Technology Center in Stillwater, that does not always work for students.
I love the teachers and how students act with each other. You can put people in groups and everyone can work well with each other. The faculty members are nice and help you when you need it. You can tell that the teachers at Perkins-Tryon High School care and love their students. If you need help, they are always there when you need it. BUT... we need more money! To replace our 12-13 year old books! We need more room! We have so many students in one class it's a little overwhelming. But other than that I have loved being at this high school and couldn't ask for any better.