Perkins-Tryon High School is a public school located in Perkins, OK. It has 396 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Perkins-Tryon High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A99 Students
- A44 Students
- B33 Students
- B18 Students
- B16 Students
- B14 Students
- C+14 Students
- C12 Students
- B12 Students
- B11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 26 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Perkins-Tryon High School Reviews
I love the teachers and how students act with each other. You can put people in groups and everyone can work well with each other. The faculty members are nice and help you when you need it. You can tell that the teachers at Perkins-Tryon High School care and love their students. If you need help, they are always there when you need it. BUT... we need more money! To replace our 12-13 year old books! We need more room! We have so many students in one class it's a little overwhelming. But other than that I have loved being at this high school and couldn't ask for any better.
I would definitely recommend Perkins-Tryon High School to anyone who doesn’t want their kids to go to a large school but not also be stuck in small school. The school and the staff has been so great to me since I have moved here my freshman year. It has definitely been a great experience for me. People have accepted me into this community and have been a huge support for me!
I love this highschool. Most of the teachers are fairly nice and teach at a slower pace to make sure everyone understands. Lunches are good. Students are very involved with school activities, with pep rallies, sports, or band. One thing I wish to change is our school is low on money. They can't afford new text books for everyone and can't always afford substitute teachers.