Perkins High School is a public school located in Sandusky, OH. It has 681 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Perkins High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+81 Students
- B71 Students
- A-60 Students
- B59 Students
- A-52 Students
- B-51 Students
- B48 Students
- B39 Students
- A33 Students
- B-30 Students
Living in the Area
- Crime & SafetyB
- Cost of LivingA-
- Good for FamiliesA-
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Schools like Perkins High School
- BClyde High School
- Clyde-Green Springs Exempted Village School District, OH
- 91 reviews
- BPort Clinton High School
- Port Clinton City School District, OH
- 24 reviews
- B+Edison High School
- Edison Local School District, OH
- 78 reviews
- BNorwalk High School
- Norwalk City School District, OH
- 105 reviews
Perkins High School Reviews
Overall would not recommend coming here for high school. There's about six clubs offered, the same lunch sides are offered everyday, about half the teachers actually care about your education, and there is only two AP classes offered. Not to mention sports are over 300 dollars, and clubs are 50 dollars. Plus the administration threatens to raise the prices every time they don't get anything they want such as levies. But hey, at least they passed a levy for a football stadium, instead of for academics!
I loved many things about Perkins High school. Most teachers that I had were amazing and did their best to see me succeed in life. The environment was peaceful as well, there was no bullying, no kids being mistreated, no sad kids insight. The only thing I would say that the school needed to approve on would be the teaching. Most of my teachers were excellent, but there were a few that did not teach the lesson properly for students to fully understand.
Perkins is such a close knit community. It feels like a home. Going into school, I'm sure that there are some schools where people feel like they might be bullied, or that they'll be put into cliques and be very separated from the "popular" students, but Perkins is not like that. My entire life, I have not once seen anyone bullied. Perkins is not segregated into groups either. No one's afraid to talk to anyone, everyone is friends, which is very comforting.