Perkins County High School is a highly rated, public school located in Grant, NE. It has 164 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 8 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Perkins County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A19 Students
- B+11 Students
- A-9 Students
- B-9 Students
- A-9 Students
- B+7 Students
- A-6 Students
- B6 Students
- B-5 Students
- B-5 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Perkins County High School Reviews
All teachers at this school have a different style of teaching. This makes us as students to not get involved in just one style of being taught. It also makes the students to not get bored knowing that this teacher has a different way of teaching , brings intrest to the students. The teachers are also interested in students at all time. They walk around asking if you need help. This is very encouraging to us students to know that this teacher cares about our studys. They don't want us to fail just because we didn't understand it. And yes, these teachers are consistency in grading. They will put your grades in as soon as they can so you know if you need to correct it or not. They also don't play favorite when it comes to grading, they will give you the grades you earned. They are great teachers because they care about the students, always available when students need help, and last but not least, they are consistency in their grading.
My overall experience at this school has been awesome so far. The students don't segregate when it comes to races. For example, I'm one if the two black students at this school. And I would say this small school that had never had black students treated me like I am just the same color as them. The teachers are the same also. What makes this school unique is that the students are involved in every kind of activity in the school. Most the students are involved in four to five activities. And the school let's them as long as their grades are up. This makes the school unique because it cares about the students grades. And so if I could do it all again I would choose this school because of the way teachers care about the students grades, parents are supportive to all athletes not just their own kids, and most of all, the teachers try to be there to support their students.
The health and safety polices at this school is very awesome. The students and not a lowed bullying others. If found involved in bullying, you will be suspended and parents wi have to come and talk to the teachers before you are allowed to come back into the school. The school is locked during classes and visitors have to report to the office to get a visitor's pass in order to enter the school where students are. Nurses are always there and ready if you get hurt or sick. This is a safe and healthy school because it has good security, nurses are are always there and ready to do their job, and the tteacbers are always watching out for thoes students who get bullied.