Perham Senior High School Reviews

I loved that my high school is very welcoming to new students. My experience with this school has been very good.
Trying to fit all the college level courses into your schedule was difficult. I didn't get to take some of the college courses I wanted to because of the counseling department.
I've attended six different schools in my twelve years of schooling.compared to other schools the Perham atmosphere teaches you how to be independent, and improve your time management skills which is what most benefited me. Each school I've been in has had its own list of pros and cons, but the students at Perham High School has made up most of Perham's pro-list. The students are taught to not only treat others how they want to be treated, but also to respect others as they respect themselves.

I love how active the community is with the Perham education system. Back in September, the entire Perham community was included in the Perham-Dent District homecoming parade. All staff, students, and parents had fun being apart of the parade, and supporting the varsity football team.

No other school I've been to has been so connected with the community, My experience has overall been very good, and I am glad that I got to spend my senior year here.
Start Your Review of Perham Senior High School
Very good staff that care for the students and try to help them no matter what. Kids are friendly and are very welcoming especially to new or foreign kids.
A variety of classes are available to choose from along with core classes. College courses are also available for Junior and Seniors with a good GPA
A good variety of activities and organizations are available
I have not met a teacher that was not caring and inspiring.
Resources such as school nurse or health aides are available. Security measures are in force and active. With a new facility being build, these items will only improve.
The entire school system is staffed with caring and knowledgeable teachers, coaches and leaders. Now that a new school facility is being built, this school will be head and shoulders above the average.
Not enough extra help available
They care for their students
We have great community support
We have great school support for extra activities
We have never had any problems or concerns. If there are problems I am not aware of any serious issues
We have no security at our school. Anyone can enter and exit as they please. During the school hours, the side doors are locked and only the front door is open however, the side doors are easily pulled open and you can almost always find a door with a rock keeping it open.
The school building is in horrible shape. Leaky roofs, peeling paint, and poor heating are a few of the problems at Perham High School. Our school is said to be over 100 years old. While we are up to date with technology (through grants), we lack in other areas. We have NO college prep resources. In my graduating class, I probably wouldn't have been able to find one person who said they are totally prepared for college.
Perham High School excels in extracurricular activities. There are definitely more popular sports than others such as basketball, football, and volleyball. The less popular activities include robotics, yearbook, and FFA. All students have opportunities to join an activity that they will enjoy.
Start Your Review of Perham Senior High School
There are many classes to choose from here. Teachers are very good about their classes and you learn a lot. Some classes are only offered at certain times in the year, but that is okay.
We have very healthy food and many choices. We have two lines with two different food items. There is delicious pizza everyday and if you do not want that, then there is soup and sandwiches offered.
This school is safe. Bullying rarely happens and when it does, it is taken care of with detention or parents being called. The school nurse is great. Very safe school.