Performance & Visual Arts High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-122 Students
- A+121 Students
- A+69 Students
- A-51 Students
- B50 Students
- A+39 Students
- B+39 Students
- B+36 Students
- A-36 Students
- A+35 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 51 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.30 responses
Performance & Visual Arts High School Reviews
Review Performance & Visual Arts High School
Great overall experience. Academics are phenomenal and do prepare you for the rigorous college classes. It is a great school for students willing to be constantly active throughout the campus in clubs, performances, and general school life. The artistic side of the school is slightly below the academic level because of the constant need to balance everything. However, that is not to say it is not worthy of the arts name because it is definitely above average than most schools. I highly recommend this school to any student who wants a totally different high school experience that is remembered for life.
My high school experience was absolutely amazing. It sounds cliche, but all four years meant so much to me. So many memories were created and friendships. Connections were made and eyes were opened. When I say eyes were opened, I am specifically talking about me. It opened my eyes to the world of opera. I study vocal at my school and it is the best. I have learned and have grown a burning passion for opera. This high school had a heavy influence on it, so much that it gave me an opportunity to sing in an opera at the Houston Grand Opera; an experience i will never forget. That would have never happened if my high school did not have the connections it did. I am thankful and grateful for attending this school. I am thankful for the balance of arts and academics it allowed me to learn. I am thankful for HSPVA.
This school prepares me for college and the real world. It's helped me grow as a person, a designer, intellectually, and artistically. The teachers are phenomenal and provide endless support. Through the opportunities made available to me here, I've been able to discover what kind of art I want to pursue, how I can make it happen, and I've grown tremendously in my artistic area. I could not have asked for a better or more beneficial high school experience.