Pequot Lakes Senior High School
- PEQUOT LAKES, MN
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B+
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C+
- Health & Safetygrade B
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade A minus
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C+
Pequot Lakes Senior High School is an above average, public school located in PEQUOT LAKES, MN. It has 583 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Pequot Lakes Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
No data available
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A72 Students
- grade B+56 Students
- grade B50 Students
- grade B minus42 Students
- grade B+40 Students
- grade B+35 Students
- grade A+33 Students
- grade B31 Students
- grade C+23 Students
- grade B+21 Students
View Homes Near Pequot Lakes Senior High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade A minus
- Housinggrade A minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 15 responses
- Spirit Week20%
- Day of Caring, Festival of the Arts13%
- Pep rallies7%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 9 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$11,691 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 14 responses
Pequot Lakes Senior High School Reviews
Rating 3.7 out of 5 81 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
One thing I really enjoy about Pequot Lakes Senior High School is the teachers. They are all extremely kind and helpful toward each and every one of their students. They care about their students both on and off campus, and always have the students best interest in mind. One thing I would like to see change about this school is an increase in diversity, however this can be difficult because it is such a small community.
It's an average school, I've been to better and worse schools. I can't base my rating on the students since they take anybody, for the most part. The principal tries to make the school alcohol and drug-free, which is a great thing since the students aren't the best. I had great teachers and not so great teachers, some of my previous teachers I had a great year because of them, but some of them made me feel like crap and made other students feel like crap.
Overall, Pequot High School is a positive and friendly environment. The staff are helpful and want to see you succeed in school and life in general. Everyone helps where they can and makes new people feel welcome.