Pequot Lakes Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Pequot Lakes, MN. It has 510 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Pequot Lakes Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+40 Students
- B37 Students
- B+29 Students
- B-25 Students
- B+25 Students
- B+22 Students
- C+18 Students
- B16 Students
- B15 Students
- A+15 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Pequot Lakes Senior High School Reviews
Overall, I am enjoying my years at Pequot Lakes High School tremendously. I have lived in the area my whole life and found that the school is very close to the community. I have always felt comfortable in school. Everyone; students, teachers, and other staff members make Pequot High a friendly environment. I have been given various opportunities. Programs that aren’t offered in all schools. I am on the Varsity dance team, Varsity speech, Student Council, NHS, and Spanish Club. Pequot High offers activities for everyone. Just a few examples are football, cross country, tennis, trap shooting, art club, hockey, wrestling, track and field, golf, and something recently added, robotics. As you can see, we have many clubs and teams that bring our school together. Within the Student Council, we try our best to find ways to bring together everyone. At PLHS it is important to be accepting. Pequot is not very diverse, but we make sure that everyone feels welcome, regardless of who they are.
Pequot Lakes High School is filled with kind people ready to help you. The athletic facilities are great and include a three-court gym, a high quality weight room, and an extra auxiliary gym that were all recently added on. All high school students are given a chrome book that they can use for the remainder of their high school career, which provides a wide range of opportunities.
Overall, my experience at this school has been great! What makes this school amazing is that it is led by a principal and school board that truly care about the student's, their success, and their wellbeing. Sometimes, I wonder about maybe what life would be like if I went to a bigger school with more diversity and options, but I think Pequot Lakes High School has the perfect balance of not being too big where student's don't get enough one on one attention and not being too small where there isn't enough educational and extracurricular options.