Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Pequea Valley High School is an above average, public school located in Kinzers, PA. It has 495 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 8 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Pequea Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+50 Students
- B46 Students
- A-44 Students
- B39 Students
- B+28 Students
- A-27 Students
- A+22 Students
- A20 Students
- A17 Students
- B16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 16 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
Schools like Pequea Valley High School
- B+Garden Spot Senior High School
- Eastern Lancaster County School District, PA
- 156 reviews
- B-Solanco High School
- Solanco School District, PA
- 97 reviews
- B-Octorara Area Junior/Senior High School
- Octorara Area School District, PA
- 114 reviews
- B+Ephrata Senior High School
- Ephrata Area School District, PA
- 207 reviews
Pequea Valley High School Reviews
In my opinion, I think this school is a great school, and has definitely become much better over the past few years. There is a lot of freedom when it comes to picking classes, which allows people to be better prepared for their desired career path. Most of the staff are great, and the students are all pretty good kids. There's little violence, and the security does a good job of preventing and stopping it. Our sports are well funded, and most of them do pretty good on average. The laptops are honestly really helpful, and make the learning experience a bit more engaging. My only complaint (which is admittedly completely subjective) is that the actual school building is quite small. I'd be interested in seeing the school building expanded to offer more classes, but I understand that getting funding can be difficult. The actual school grounds are quite big, so that helps compensate.
I have been a part of the Pequea Valley School District for almost six years. I have been offered far more opportunities at Pequea Valley than I have at any other school district. The entire administration is focused on student success after high school and into college or the work force. There are staff specialized in assisting students with internships and jobs. Leaving Pequea Valley High School, learners will be ready for “the real world.” Having the many opportunities and resources available to me at Pequea Valley High School, I can say with great certainty that I am ready for college and life after high school.
I like the music program because I have been given the opportunity to join different ensembles. I like that I can work with different people and play different kinds of music. I also like the support that is given towards the music program because not may schools have that and I feel like that makes Pequea Valley special. The administration is very supportive of the music program and they help keep it going. I would like for Pequea Valley to have a Home Economics class because I feel like most seniors graduate without the necessary life skills for the real world. I have to learn most of that from my parents and I know there are kids that do not want to or feel like they can't talk to their parents about that stuff.