Pequea Valley High School
- Kinzers, PA
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade B minus
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A minus
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade A minus
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade B+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A
Pequea Valley High School is an above average, public school located in Kinzers, PA. It has 495 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 8 to 1. According to state test scores, 77% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Pequea Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+52 Students
- grade B49 Students
- grade A minus42 Students
- grade B39 Students
- grade B28 Students
- grade A minus26 Students
- grade A21 Students
- grade A+20 Students
- grade A17 Students
- grade B16 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C+
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade C+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 16 responses
- Watching sporting events, homecoming week63%
- Holiday break so I'm not in that school.13%
- Playing in softball games13%
- Pep rallies6%
- Staff vs. student basketball game6%
grade B minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 14 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade A minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$21,765 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 20 responses
Schools like Pequea Valley High School
- grade BGarden Spot Senior High School
- Eastern Lancaster County School District, PA
- Rating 3.56 out of 5 160 reviews
- grade C+Solanco High School
- Solanco School District, PA
- Rating 3.49 out of 5 99 reviews
- grade B minusOctorara Area Junior/Senior High School
- Octorara Area School District, PA
- Rating 3.46 out of 5 116 reviews
- grade B+Ephrata Senior High School
- Ephrata Area School District, PA
- Rating 3.63 out of 5 211 reviews
Pequea Valley High School Reviews
Rating 3.52 out of 5 123 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
In my opinion, I think this school is a great school, and has definitely become much better over the past few years. There is a lot of freedom when it comes to picking classes, which allows people to be better prepared for their desired career path. Most of the staff are great, and the students are all pretty good kids. There's little violence, and the security does a good job of preventing and stopping it. Our sports are well funded, and most of them do pretty good on average. The laptops are honestly really helpful, and make the learning experience a bit more engaging. My only complaint (which is admittedly completely subjective) is that the actual school building is quite small. I'd be interested in seeing the school building expanded to offer more classes, but I understand that getting funding can be difficult. The actual school grounds are quite big, so that helps compensate.
I have been a part of the Pequea Valley School District for almost six years. I have been offered far more opportunities at Pequea Valley than I have at any other school district. The entire administration is focused on student success after high school and into college or the work force. There are staff specialized in assisting students with internships and jobs. Leaving Pequea Valley High School, learners will be ready for “the real world.” Having the many opportunities and resources available to me at Pequea Valley High School, I can say with great certainty that I am ready for college and life after high school.
Out of the 12/13 other schools I've attended in 2 states, Pequea Valley has been one of the better schools I've had the pleasure of attending. Although it's a small school and not very diverse, the support from facilitators and supporting staff is unmatched. They support and listen to the student body and keep our best interests in mind. They also have a nice variety of clubs, sports, and arts programs to choose from.