Pequea Valley High School is an above average, public school located in Kinzers, PA. It has 503 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 77% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Pequea Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+41 Students
- A35 Students
- B31 Students
- B27 Students
- A-24 Students
- B+24 Students
- A+22 Students
- A19 Students
- C+13 Students
- B12 Students
Living in the Area
- Crime & SafetyNG
- Cost of LivingB-
- Good for FamiliesB-
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 16 responsesReport
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
Schools like Pequea Valley High School
- B+Garden Spot Senior High School
- Eastern Lancaster County School District, PA
- 136 reviews
- B-Solanco High School
- Solanco School District, PA
- 91 reviews
- B-Octorara Area Junior/Senior High School
- Octorara Area School District, PA
- 106 reviews
- A-Ephrata Senior High School
- Ephrata Area School District, PA
- 195 reviews
Pequea Valley High School Reviews
I did not mind Pequea. It was not the best school but it also was not the worst. I would have liked to see more college preparedness happen. Also, I wish they had not given out laptops. I prefer pen and paper when learning in school. Pequea was a decent school. It had its flaws like any other school but overall was not a bad school.
The school's music program is phenomenal, and it is what really made my high school experience so great. I was very involved in both the choral and band programs, and I would participate in county, district, regional, and state festivals, which (especially for chorus), I accredit to the good teaching I received. My music friends were family, especially the Chamber Singers, which was a special organization to be involved in for me. The memories I made singing with that group at so many different places (including Disney and Toronto) are some that will last me a lifetime.
I loved the flexible schedule and different opportunities offered at Pequea Valley. For example, you could participate in a work study, internship, dual enrollment, CTC, or free periods.