Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Peotone High School is an above average, public school located in Peotone, IL. It has 477 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Peotone High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+54 Students
- C+41 Students
- A+34 Students
- B-30 Students
- B28 Students
- B+28 Students
- A-26 Students
- A+26 Students
- NG23 Students
- B23 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 31 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.26 responses
Schools like Peotone High School
- BWilmington High School
- Wilmington Community Unit School District No. 209-U, IL
- 57 reviews
- B-Beecher High School
- Beecher Community Unit School District 200U, IL
- 121 reviews
- B+Manteno High School
- Manteno Community Unit School District No. 5, IL
- 89 reviews
- CRich Central Campus High School
- Rich Township High School District No. 227, IL
- 221 reviews
Peotone High School Reviews
Peotone High School is an overall average school. Throughout my years at the school there has been many administrative changes and teacher changes, so the school was constantly changing (sometimes for better, sometimes for worse) the whole time I was attending. The schools administration does heavily focus on the safety of their students and is willing to work with students and parents. One of my main complaints of the school is the fact that’s sports and clubs are so heavily influenced by your family involvement in the school, it’s very much a name game and students whose families aren’t as involved have a tough time being recognized for their achievements.
Peotone High School brought many great aspects to my education but I also feel like my education was hindered since the school didn't have very many resources. As I came to college, I discovered that many other student came in with dual credit classes from their high school but that wasn't offered to us. I do feel as though the students became a family and we all worked together to find common interests. Without the relationships I made with the teachers, I wouldn't have been able to find such an amazing college to attend. The teachers really did work hard to make the classes as enjoyable, yet challenging as possible. Not only was I involved in sports, but I participated in many extracurricular activities such as Science club, Best Buddies, Student Council and many more. Even though Peotone High School didn't have the best resources available, the educators put a considerable amount of effort into making sure we had as many opportunities as possible to thrive after high school life.
So many opportunities for clubs, activities, and sports because of it being a small school. I've been involved as class president for four years and have had many opportunities and experiences because of it. The theater and music programs are amazing as well as show choir. The teachers really care and create personal relationships with their students since the school is so small.