Peotone High School is a public school located in Peotone, IL. It has 545 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 15% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Peotone High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+45 Students
- C39 Students
- A+30 Students
- A+27 Students
- A-25 Students
- B25 Students
- A-25 Students
- B22 Students
- B21 Students
- B+20 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 24 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.25 responses
Schools like Peotone High School
- B-Wilmington High School
- Wilmington Community Unit School District No. 209-U, IL
- 54 reviews
- CBeecher High School
- Beecher Community Unit School District No. 200u, IL
- 119 reviews
- B+Manteno High School
- Manteno Community Unit School District No. 5, IL
- 77 reviews
- CRich Central Campus High School
- Rich Township High School District No. 227, IL
- 203 reviews
Peotone High School Reviews
Peotone High School brought many great aspects to my education but I also feel like my education was hindered since the school didn't have very many resources. As I came to college, I discovered that many other student came in with dual credit classes from their high school but that wasn't offered to us. I do feel as though the students became a family and we all worked together to find common interests. Without the relationships I made with the teachers, I wouldn't have been able to find such an amazing college to attend. The teachers really did work hard to make the classes as enjoyable, yet challenging as possible. Not only was I involved in sports, but I participated in many extracurricular activities such as Science club, Best Buddies, Student Council and many more. Even though Peotone High School didn't have the best resources available, the educators put a considerable amount of effort into making sure we had as many opportunities as possible to thrive after high school life.
I liked that Peotone High School was very close with the community and that every kid in school knew each other. Unfortunately, due to being in a small town , Peotone lacked a lot of diversity in its school district. But overall, Peotone High School has good sports programs and clubs along with a good selection of classes to help kids prepare for college or their work field they plan to go into post graduation.
Small school with around 500 students in total. Class sizes of 24 or less. located in a small country town. Many staff members and teachers left after a financial problem. I had almost 4 different principles in my 4 years and seemed like there was a new gym teacher everyday. Academics where very easy, so they didn't prepare me for college at all.