Peoria Notre Dame High School is a highly rated, private, Catholic school located in Peoria, IL. It has 802 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. After graduation, 98% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
Peoria Notre Dame High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-75 Students
- A+71 Students
- B+54 Students
- A47 Students
- A-46 Students
- B-46 Students
- A43 Students
- A40 Students
- A-34 Students
- A+33 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 21 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Peoria Notre Dame High School Reviews
Peoria Notre Dame is an excellent Catholic high school with a welcoming environment and unique learning style. Daily Mass is offered for those interested, and an all-school Mass is held once a month. Confession is always available, and there is a wonderful Campus Ministry that offers a variety of clubs and activities (including the March for Life and a mission trip to Florida) to grow closer to the Faith in. Notre Dame has a welcoming environment, and there are countless ways for students to get involved and meet new people. With all of Notre Dame’s clubs, sports, and activities, there is something for everyone. To enhance education, every student at Notre Dame is given his or her own Apple laptop for coursework. This integration of technology into the students’ academics helps to prepare them for the technology they will be using later in life in college and their careers. Notre Dame also operates trimesters, so students are able to take more classes than those with semesters.
The one to one program with the Macbooks is a great resource for every student. The academics are very challenging. On average, I have about 4 hours of homework a night. Some teachers assign a large quantity of homework while others assign none. While some teachers at the school are phenomenal, some are not. This effects a student's GPA and class rank which, in part, effects college applications. The religious aspect of the school is a great part of being a student. Religion is an overpowering aspect of the school and I feel it has taken over many things at the school which takes away from the traditional high school experience.
Some of the teachers were very devoted and passionate about the subjects they taught. They made it their first priority to ensure students understood the lessons because they were so enthusiastic about teaching them to other people. These teachers were very educated and wise in the subjects they taught. Other teachers, however, were not as passionate about their subjects, and were sometimes oblivious to students' misunderstandings of the lessons they taught. This school does a great job in preparing high-school students for college: Peoria Notre Dame has the highest average ACT scores of all the local high schools. The counselors are especially helpful to juniors and seniors in every step of the college process.