Peoria Heights High School is a public school located in Peoria Heights, IL. It has 225 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 10% of students are at least proficient in math and 25% in reading.
508 E Glen Ave
Peoria Heights, IL 61616
Peoria Heights High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+16 Students
- B-15 Students
- A-11 Students
- B+6 Students
- A6 Students
- A+6 Students
- B+6 Students
- B5 Students
- A5 Students
- B-4 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Schools like Peoria Heights High School
- C+Limestone Community High School
- Limestone Community High School District No. 310, IL
- 97 reviews
- B-East Peoria High School
- Public School
- East Peoria, IL
- 61 reviews
- B-Illini Bluffs High School
- Illini Bluffs Community Unit School District No. 327, IL
- 30 reviews
- BPekin Community High School
- Public School
- Pekin, IL
- 178 reviews
Peoria Heights High School Reviews
Peoria Heights High School is a small school. It is a strong school that does what it can with it's size. It has extra opportunities due to its size, but it also has its problems. There are very limited classes and few resources. Many of the teachers, especially in the english in math department, display political and gender biases that coincide with a liberal agenda. The administration of the school is strong but submissive to the teachers more than the needs of the students. The school has the charm and spirit of a small town, and it is great to grow at, but do not expect the strongest academics. The school is very unsafe in terms of updated safety mechanisms. There are limited classes and few academic resources. Overall, the school is good, but it has many problems to overcome.
I have gone to Peoria Heights High School my entire high school career. The structure of the building is very unusual and odd, but i have grown to like it. I have learned to focus although noises are around me, and i have had the ability to talk to everyone at my school because of the smaller size. Also, due to the small size, i have had the chance to go to many different things and be apart of many different organizations and groups.
The teachers are very approachable and easy to talk to. They are understanding and listen very well. I feel like I can tell them anything and I know what I tell them will be safe and secure. The teachers have a very high understanding of each of their subject as well. Their teaching styles are incorporated into their subjects everyday so the students are able to know what is going on in the classroom and not feel lost. The teachers also use effective communication skills by not moving onto a different topic until the student understands what is being talked about. The teachers also at this school grade the assignments effectively and on time so students know exactly what their grades are in that classroom. As a student at Peoria Heights, I can admit that the students are all very interested in the subjects they learn each day.