Pentucket Regional Senior High School is an above average, public school located in West Newbury, MA. It has 707 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Pentucket Regional Senior High School Rankings
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A97 Students
- A+54 Students
- A-54 Students
- B+51 Students
- A+49 Students
- B37 Students
- A-33 Students
- A+30 Students
- B29 Students
- A29 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 70 responsesReport
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Schools like Pentucket Regional Senior High School
- B+Georgetown High School
- Georgetown Public Schools, MA
- 58 reviews
- ANorth Reading High School
- North Reading Public Schools, MA
- 117 reviews
- A-Ipswich High School
- Ipswich Public Schools, MA
- 47 reviews
- BTriton Regional High School
- Triton Public Schools, MA
- 114 reviews
Pentucket Regional Senior High School Reviews
The teachers at Pentucket set you up for success. They are passionate about the subjects they teach and will stay after school with you if needed. I would say that they prepared me for college. Pentucket offers a range of AP classes to take while starting to add even more classes. The sports offered at Pentucket are also really good. Pentucket athletes are always known for having great sportsmanship. Pentucket does have some flaws. The building is in need of a major overhaul. The parking fee of $180 is insane. Where does the money even go? The food, while barely edible, needs to be more nutritious. Even the Wi-fi doesn't work half the time. If Pentucket addresses its flaws, then it will be a place that has a world-class education with a small town flair.
Pentucket High School offered a variety of challenging classes ranging from Honors to AP. I believe I got a very good education there, and I enjoyed the athletic program. The teachers are good, across the board, and most are very passionate about their jobs. A positive is that the high school just added a permanent police officer on the premises. I feel a lot more safe now. The big problem with Pentucket is the facility. It is falling apart, and the sports facilities are poor as well. We desperately need a new high school. Additionally, the computers and internet are awful. The school needs a complete overhaul.
My expereince at Pentucket has been a long yet exciting journey. I have enjoyed my four years at the school. It could even count as 4 and a half. The school staff and coaches were so kind and welcoming that, as an 8th grader, I was able to join the varsity cheerleading and the freshman softball team. It only just began my four year career as an enthusiastic and determined varsity athlete. The school takes sports quite seriously and everyone is passionate about what they do. And after a long day of learning and contributing to an academic atmosphere, there are an incredible amount of after school activities to keep one involved and still active. Pentucket is a school I wish that i never had to leave.