Overall Niche Grade
Pennington School is a public school located in Mount Vernon, NY. It has 383 students in grades PK, K-8 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Pennington School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Pennington School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.3 responses
Schools like Pennington School
- CBenjamin Turner Middle School
- Mount Vernon City School District, NY
- C-P.S. 212
- New York City Geographic District No. 12, NY
- PK, K-5
- C+P.S. 89 - Bronx
- New York City Geographic District No. 11, NY
- PK, K-8
- 4 reviews
- C-Greenburgh Eleven Middle School
- Greenburgh Eleven Union Free School District, NY
Pennington School Reviews
I have two children currently enrolled at Pennington and they are both doing great. The principal who started this year is very accesible and he seems to care very much for the well being of the students and the future growth of the school. There is a new addition to the school building being completed and portions of the existing building were improved prior to this school year. My children are learning quickly and adore their teachers. The PTA is very involved and do a great job to welcome all parents. I believe this school has great days ahead and I hope local families will consider it over sending their children to local private schools as the neighborhood will thrive if it’s residents know one another and watch their kids grow up together.
This school is wonderful. They have teachers with experience that care for the students. I like that the teachers are willing to take the time and listen to any concerns you may have. Then there is the principal and assistant principal they are both amazing. They are doing a great job with the students as well as keeping parents informed. They are always available to assist you. My boys love it here.
Excellent school, there are a great deal of activities, the PTA is very active and encourages families to be active. The principals and teachers are nice. They are remodeling the school. The temporary playground is awesome and the new one will be even better.