Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Penney High School is an above average, public school located in Hamilton, MO. It has 204 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 65% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Penney High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C46 Students
- B35 Students
- A-30 Students
- C27 Students
- B26 Students
- B17 Students
- B+14 Students
- B+13 Students
- B-9 Students
- A-6 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Penney High School
- B-Cameron High School
- Cameron R-I School District, MO
- 58 reviews
- B-Gallatin High School
- Gallatin R-V School District, MO
- 50 reviews
- C+Winston High School
- Winston R-VI School District, MO
- 6 reviews
- CBraymer High School
- Braymer C-IV School District, MO
- 6 reviews
Penney High School Reviews
Penney High is your typical small town high school. Friday night football games are the highlight of the weeks during the fall and when basketball comes around, the gyms are packed full. Penney High is all about sports and involvement in activities but at the same time, there is not a teacher here that does not push you to do your best and go above and beyond to see you accomplish tasks. As a whole, many students take their academics very seriously and want to strive in all of their classes. At Penney, it can be easy to get caught up in the sports and activities that are going on but there are so many different things to be a part of. If I could change one thing about Penney High, it would be to get more diversity and school culture. There are so many groups they only talk to each other and do not go out of their comfort zones (including myself) to meet new people.
The teaches and staff are amazing. They have many class options to get students ready for college and the real world. The teachers are always there for the students to talk or joke around with. They make the students feel loved. The school is a perfect size and class schedules are perfect for students.
I think our school offers a wide variety of extracurricular activities. I personally have enjoyed FFA, FBLA, Foreign Language Club, Book Club, Volleyball, SADD, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Student Council and Council of Student of Activities. I feel that all these, along with other clubs are well supported by students. Everyone's looking for a way to fit in, to be included, and enjoy friends. I appreciate the many teacher who willingly give of their time to participate, and help and encourage students. I know our budget doesn't allow for more. Some students would like to see a drama club and baseball added.