Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyA+
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Penncrest High School is a highly rated, public school located in Media, PA. It has 1,231 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 81% of students are at least proficient in math and 89% in reading.
Penncrest High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+199 Students
- A-191 Students
- A148 Students
- B132 Students
- A-122 Students
- A+79 Students
- A60 Students
- A-55 Students
- B53 Students
- B-49 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 67 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.34 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.39 responses
Schools like Penncrest High School
- A+Garnet Valley High School
- Garnet Valley School District, PA
- 324 reviews
- ADowningtown High School East
- Downingtown Area School District, PA
- 256 reviews
- A+Haverford Senior High School
- School District of Haverford Township, PA
- 307 reviews
- ABayard Rustin High School
- West Chester Area School District, PA
- 302 reviews
Penncrest High School Reviews
Penncrest high school is very academically challenging if you take level 2 classes or higher. Unfortunately, Penncrest is not the most culturally and racially diverse school but they do have many programs for students in minorities that create a positive community. In terms of departments, the only department that seems to lack great teachers is the Chemistry department. Other than that Penncrest has been a great home for me for the past 4 years and we are definitely a great community of learners with lots of potential!
Penncrest High School is a close-knit school, where by the end of your four years, you'll know everyone! The teachers and staff are awesome and care so much about each and every students' education.
Overall, I enjoyed my past three years as a Penncrest student. You can either have a great experience here or a not so great experience: it all depends on how much you get involved with the school. There are many clubs and extracurriculars available and if there isn't a club for you, you can create one. In addition, our school has a great music program. Our band has won states for the past 2-3 years, our Choir ensembles have won various awards, and our Orchestra has also won various awards. Furthermore, our theater program is very good as well.