Penn Yan Academy is an above average, public school located in Penn Yan, NY. It has 535 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Penn Yan Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C26 Students
- A-20 Students
- B-17 Students
- B15 Students
- A+15 Students
- A14 Students
- C+13 Students
- A13 Students
- A+12 Students
- C+11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Penn Yan Academy
- B+Marcus Whitman High School
- Marcus Whitman Central School District, NY
- 32 reviews
- B-Romulus Central School
- Romulus Central School District, NY
- PK, K-12
- 11 reviews
- C+South Seneca Middle/High School
- South Seneca Central School District, NY
- 25 reviews
- B+Geneva High School
- Geneva City School District, NY
- 113 reviews
Penn Yan Academy Reviews
It's a small town, it goes without saying that- yes there is drama- but there are a lot of people that know each other and care for one another. There is always someone to find or go to when you need help, and sometimes there are places you can go to to get away from it all when you need to calm down. Everyone here is generally caring and loves to help when and if they can.
The arts programs, while not with the best funding, are a place where every and any student is accepted for who they are and supported in their endeavors. The many clubs opened up possibilities for student with anxiety about public speaking to open up and learn to be confident in themselves. All sports participants are enthusiastic and encourage others to be as well.
Penn Yan was overall a good school. I wish they had offered more opportunities to students as far as clubs, college readiness and experiences.