Penn High School is a highly rated, public school located in Mishawaka, IN. It has 3,726 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 64% of students are at least proficient in math and 76% in reading.
Penn High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A862 Students
- A+718 Students
- B+457 Students
- C+432 Students
- A+271 Students
- A-260 Students
- B-191 Students
- B172 Students
- B-152 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.75 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.75 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 280 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.80 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.80 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.80 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.112 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.112 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.112 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.124 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.124 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.124 responses
Penn High School Reviews
I liked how many opportunities Penn had to offer me. Whether it was through sports or anything in academics. I was a part of the Early College Program, which means I am set up very well for college. I am bringing in a ton of credits to college which could not have happened at some other schools. I was able to participate in a ton of intramural and team sports while I was at Penn and had a blast while doing them. Overall great experience!
I really enjoyed my experience, I had some very great teachers that helped me get through it. That's probably the best part of Penn, you have teachers who actually care and want you to succeed! The administrations try very hard to make the school enjoyable and they do a great job. The food could be a little better, but it's not overall horrible either. I would recommend Penn to any parents that are considering it!
Penn High School has great teachers and academics. The teachers are willing to work with you, on schoolwork or sometimes personal problems, as long as you communicate via email or talking. There are many exciting classes and clubs. There are more than 100 different clubs, and at least over 50 different non-core classes you can take. Penn also offers many language classes. Anywhere from ASL to Chinese. Penn also gifts the opportunity to house a foreign exchange student. Even though Penn has over 4,000 students they still manage to keep its students safe. With there being over 4,000 student you can find friends from very different backgrounds. Penn also preps its students for college with a required class called preparing for college and careers. Unlike many high schools, the food is actually edible and can taste rather good.