Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A minus
- Diversitygrade B+
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade A minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A minus
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade B+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C+
Penn High School is a highly rated, public school located in Mishawaka, IN. It has 3,751 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 83% in reading.
Penn High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A992 Students
- grade A+810 Students
- grade B528 Students
- grade C487 Students
- grade B462 Students
- grade A+305 Students
- grade A minus291 Students
- grade C+210 Students
- grade B192 Students
- grade B minus168 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade A
- Housinggrade A minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 83 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 83 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 305 responses
- Friday night football games21%
- Toga Day for Seniors17%
- Winter Formal Dance9%
- Basketball games6%
- Theatre Productions4%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 88 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 88 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 88 responses
Average Teacher Salary
No data available
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 120 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 120 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 120 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade A minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$10,895 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 132 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 132 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 132 responses
Schools like Penn High School
- grade B+North Wood High School
- Wa-Nee Community Schools, IN
- Rating 3.86 out of 5 77 reviews
- grade BGoshen High School
- Goshen Community Schools, IN
- Rating 3.73 out of 5 304 reviews
- grade BBremen Senior High School
- Bremen Public Schools, IN
- Rating 3.73 out of 5 91 reviews
- grade BEdwardsburg High School
- Edwardsburg Public Schools, MI
- Rating 3.56 out of 5 254 reviews
Penn High School Reviews
Rating 3.85 out of 5 847 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I’m currently a junior at penn, I would say my overall experience has been okay. There are some great teachers, but let me tell you that school does not like anything getting out to the public. They will do whatever they can to suppress a problem. They more so put a band aid on the problem rather than fix it. Relationships with teachers are pretty good for the most part but it’s honestly better than most school in the area!
Penn is overall a good academic school. Information can be hard to find so parents have to be diligent about researching clubs and activities. It is also hard to be on a varsity team because there are so many students who have been doing sports their whole life. If you do make the team, sports at Penn are very good but competitive. I love the variety of academic courses, with honors and AP courses. The teachers are great! They all care about their students and are good communications.
I had an amazing experience at Penn High School. I haven't experienced any other school that had such a diverse array of classes and clubs to participate in. The school was also one of the safest I've been in, taking necessary precautions to avoid people getting sick, harmed, or any such injuries. The school also had one of the best communities I've ever seen; teachers were great at connecting with and educating their pupils, families were actively involved in school activities and their child's education, and the administration was very helpful during my experience here, providing information and access to sites that helped with college applications, readiness, and more. I believe this is one of the top schools in our state, if not our country.