Penn High School is a highly rated, public school located in Mishawaka, IN. It has 3,360 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 58% of students are at least proficient in math and 76% in reading.
Penn High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A741 Students
- A+634 Students
- B+387 Students
- C+373 Students
- A+228 Students
- A-227 Students
- B-171 Students
- B143 Students
- B-132 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.72 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.72 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 268 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.77 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.77 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.77 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.109 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.109 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.109 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.121 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.121 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.121 responses
Penn High School Reviews
Penn High School is a school not only full of exceptional staff, but full of lively student like myself thriving to further their education. I have experienced all different aspects of Penn high, loving every moment of it. I never take for granted how well my school is with their academic and out of school opportunities. With Junior year coming to a close, I wanted time from my teachers to get extra help. None have denied a opportunity to help myself or any others. This school is something special!
There are incredible opportunities through Penn. I have been blessed with the ability to learn about the biomedical sciences, participate in two high level choirs, and take multiple AP classes at the same time!
Penn High School is a very sports oriented school. A lot of focus is placed upon it's athletes and since it's a pick of the litter with such a large school, chances of sub-par individuals being on a team is unlikely. There is also a lot of stress placed on academics, particularly standardized tests. Teachers do their best to find loopholes and have the kids not fall asleep but you can only make math so exciting. There are dozens of clubs to join and volunteer opportunities so unless you don't try any thing you are going to be able to find a group to be in. Penn is well known for their robotics lab and other facilities which are a great opportunity for those interested in engineering. Parents are probably most involved in the music aspects at Penn, but also quite a bit elsewhere(gotta love the Granger moms). For high school, it's not the worst and there are dozens of opportunities offered in various ares of education not usually found at secondary school so you can't really complain.