Penn Foster High School is an above average, private school located in Scranton, PA. It has 109,612 students in grades 9-12.
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+33 Students
- B30 Students
- A-29 Students
- A+29 Students
- A+29 Students
- B+29 Students
- A-28 Students
- B+26 Students
- A-25 Students
- NG24 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Penn Foster High School Reviews
Love the school! You are able to work at your own pace and unlike many other online schools, you are not required to complete assignments on a specific date. You also don't have to do assignments in a specific order, but you are required to complete all prerequisites before some of the courses will open. The classes are not that challenging so if you are looking for an online school that is academically challenging this may not be the right school for you. But since the classes are fairly easy, this leaves you with a lot of time to study other things that interest you. The teachers are super helpful. But the biggest downfall to most online schools is that it can be pretty hard to connect with your fellow classmates. They do have a website that allows you to join virtual clubs and the websit also has a section where you can post questions in a forum. Overall, I am very happy that I attended this school and that I was able to graduate at the age of 15.
My junior year, I chose to leave public school and attend online classes through Penn Foster's NCAA Honors high school program. This allowed me to graduate a year early with an honors diploma and focus on extra curriculars such as music and volunteering at an elder care facility. The courses were challenging, but it taught me how to manage my time with college level work! I am so thankful for the college preparatory experience through Penn Foster.
One thing I absolutely love about Penn Foster is that it helps you get ready for the real world. It provides information on things such as, how to buy a home, what different insurances are and what they're for, how to make a budget, and different ways to invest your money. Penn Foster also offers electives that will help you get a head start towards your career, and it's all accredited!