Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade C
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C minus
- Health & Safetygrade B
- Administrationgrade C
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C
Penn Cambria High School is an above average, public school located in Cresson, PA. It has 558 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Penn Cambria High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
No data available
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B71 Students
- grade C+65 Students
- grade A59 Students
- grade B minus53 Students
- grade A+53 Students
- grade B48 Students
- grade A minus35 Students
- grade B minus34 Students
- grade A+27 Students
- grade B23 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 18 responses
- Any of my clubs meeting and competitions17%
- Homecoming Dance17%
- Senior Trip11%
- None are fun and few events at all6%
- Pep rallies6%
- Pep Rally6%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 8 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade C minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$14,194 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 13 responses
Schools like Penn Cambria High School
- grade B minusCambria Heights Senior High School
- Cambria Heights School District, PA
- Rating 3.35 out of 5 80 reviews
- grade B minusCentral High School
- Spring Cove School District, PA
- Rating 3.48 out of 5 96 reviews
- grade B minusBellwood-Antis High School
- Bellwood-Antis School District, PA
- Rating 3.49 out of 5 81 reviews
- grade C+Claysburg-Kimmel High School
- Claysburg-Kimmel School District, PA
- Rating 3.32 out of 5 41 reviews
Penn Cambria High School Reviews
Rating 3.41 out of 5 73 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Overall, Penn Cambria High School has been a great place for me to hang out with my friends and get education. That being said, it is definitely not a perfect school and has its expected shortcomings. One of the best aspects would have to be the teachers and the principles for most of the teachers are great as they can make learning fairly entertaining and are usually helpful and understanding of each and every student. However, I do believe that the school can be a bit hit or miss on their food services, support of extracurricular activities, and enforcement/organization. What I mean by this is that while sometimes the food can be good, the sports get a ton of support and funding, and the troublemakers are properly dealt with, the food is usually mediocre, there aren't too many other clubs outside of sports, there are still a few rule breakers that squeeze through the cracks, and the administration can be a bit confusing and lacking in organization.
Penn Cambria High School has very dedicated student faculty that wants to see young people succeed. They spend the time to interact with their students to assure understanding of the presented learning material. The faculty encourages growth not only mentally but physically as their coaching staff allows for student to participate in a wide variety of sports. One thing I would change about Penn Cambria is I would combine the many intermediate schools associated with Penn Cambria and build one school at one location. All the schools are spread out in the towns that surround the town of Cresson , PA where the High School is located. This would create continuity for the entire student and faculty body so that everyone is walking to same beat.
Penn Cambria has given me such a positive outlook regarding my education and High School experience. The teachers are involved in our extracurricular activities, therefore enabling the students and teachers to interact outside the classroom. Knowing my teachers on a more personal level motivates me to want to do well in their classes. My overall experience has been a positive one!!