Penfield Senior High School is a top rated, public school located in Penfield, NY. It has 1,453 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 98% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Penfield Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A92 Students
- A86 Students
- A+84 Students
- A78 Students
- A-77 Students
- A-74 Students
- B+74 Students
- A+74 Students
- B67 Students
- B+53 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.26 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.39 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.43 responses
Schools like Penfield Senior High School
- A+Fairport Senior High School
- Fairport Central School District, NY
- 299 reviews
- A+Honeoye Falls-Lima Senior High School
- Honeoye Falls-Lima Central School District, NY
- 128 reviews
- A+Victor Senior High School
- Victor Central School District, NY
- 223 reviews
- A+Thomas High School
- Webster Central School District, NY
- 136 reviews
Penfield Senior High School Reviews
I was exposed to a great learning experience, I just wish it was a little more diverse. I live in the city of Rochester and I was able to attend Penfield High School through the Urban Suburban program. This programs allows minorities not living in the suburbs to attend school through a transfer program. It is a great program. I've received a great education that has really prepared me for my future in college, I've gained many amazing friends. I hope the program continues to grow and Penfield increases the amount of minority students to make the school even more diverse.
Friendly staff who support you throughout high school! There are opportunities for students to get help every day, clubs for everyone, and amazing grilled bagels.
Penfield High School was an amazing school. It prepared me well for college and for life after high school in general. The teachers were masters in their area of expertise and they provided a well-rounded curriculum to every student who walked through the front doors. As I entered college, I began to understand what a superior education Penfield High School offered. I felt ahead or, at the very least, on track with the college curriculum and my other classmates. The only area Penfield High School needs to work on is their student environment. The school is currently working on this initiative and I look forward to seeing what the next few years brings to this school.