Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A
- Diversitygrade B minus
- Teachersgrade A
- College Prepgrade A
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A+
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade A
- Sportsgrade A+
- Foodgrade A minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A
Penfield Senior High School is a top rated, public school located in Penfield, NY. It has 1,379 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 99% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Penfield Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus122 Students
- grade A minus107 Students
- grade A minus106 Students
- grade B+97 Students
- grade A+96 Students
- grade B91 Students
- grade A89 Students
- grade A+87 Students
- grade B75 Students
- grade A+72 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B minus
- Good for Familiesgrade A+
- Housinggrade B+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 30 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 30 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 88 responses
- Grilled bagels24%
- Sports events14%
- Spirit Week5%
grade B minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 35 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 35 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 35 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 43 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$20,654 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 47 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 47 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 47 responses
Schools like Penfield Senior High School
- grade A+Fairport Senior High School
- Fairport Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.81 out of 5 320 reviews
- grade AHoneoye Falls-Lima Senior High School
- Honeoye Falls-Lima Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.94 out of 5 140 reviews
- grade A+Victor Senior High School
- Victor Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.97 out of 5 249 reviews
- grade AThomas High School
- Webster Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.88 out of 5 151 reviews
Penfield Senior High School Reviews
Rating 3.86 out of 5 269 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Penfield Senior High School has a vast array of academic and extracurricular activities, including an exceptional music program and very strong sports teams. The school spirit is very high, and this is mostly due to the supportive faculty. However, there has not been widely available mental health support, although there have been too many mental health crises of attending students, and I believe that a larger focus should be put on diversity and understanding and appreciating other cultures, especially as a mostly white school in a suburb. Penfield High School has adapted very well to the COVID-19 pandemic, providing devices and academic opportunities to their students as best as they can.
Penfield offered me a great amount of opportunities and support that I could not have gotten anywhere else. The teachers want to see every student succeed and will be there if you need assistance. Although, Penfield has many highlights something I would change is the lack of diversity and knowledge on topics such as race and racism. Which is why I have joined clubs and participated in numerous activities help to educate and spread racial awareness. Penfield tends to shy away from topics such as race because it tends to make students uncomfortable but in my opinion I feel as if it is time to become comfortable with the uncomfortable. As an student who has firsthand experience of racism from a Penfield classmate, it is my goal to help spread racial and cultural awareness to better the experiences for other minority students, who might attend Penfield, in the future.
Penfield is a well-rounded school district. We have a good music and arts program. We have multiple concerts and showcases. Most students play an instrument in there time in the district. Also we have good academic program. For the more advance students, there are enrichment and AP opportunities. For other students we give extra support in classes. Sports are very big in Penfield. Everyone has pride in our sports and we are very successful. All of our sports have equal opportunities with a wide range of sports. We have many clubs in the district too to match anyone's interests.