Pen Argyl Area High School is a public school located in Pen Argyl, PA. It has 538 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Pen Argyl Area High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+56 Students
- B50 Students
- B-50 Students
- B-42 Students
- A32 Students
- A30 Students
- B28 Students
- B23 Students
- A+19 Students
- A-18 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Schools like Pen Argyl Area High School
- B-Bangor Area High School
- Bangor Area School District, PA
- 162 reviews
- BNorth Warren Regional High School
- Public School
- Blairstown, NJ
- 97 reviews
- BNorthampton Area High School
- Northampton Area School District, PA
- 194 reviews
- B-Belvidere High School
- Belvidere School District, NJ
- 77 reviews
Pen Argyl Area High School Reviews
I graduated from Pen Argyl Area High School last summer as the valedictorian. When I started to attend college, I realized how helpful the high school courses were in preparing my college. The chemistry lab really helped me understand how labs work, and the economics course prepared me for the vocabularies that would be useful in later courses. AP credits freed me from some college courses. I highly recommend Pen Argyl Area High School!
I like the small community feel Pen Argyl High School has to offer. Everyone seems to know each other, which makes for a comfortable learning environment. One thing I would change about Pen Argyl is trying to advance the resources available for students, for example air conditioning. Also, provide more funding for new activities/programs that challenge students to ready themselves for college and the real world.
I would like to see the placement of money go to better places. Pen Argyl was awarded thousands of dollars from the Graduate for Mas website and it was spent on a hypnotists coming and visiting the school. He was funny, but, while the money went to pay for him, we have poor academics and many (but not all) teachers who put no effort into bettering their students and helping them learn. We are adding a few more AP classes this year, but we have no preparation for anything like the SATs and barely any preparation until last minute for our state-wide Keystone exams.