Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyC
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Pembroke Academy is an above average, public school located in Pembroke, NH. It has 760 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Pembroke Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+136 Students
- B85 Students
- B64 Students
- B-58 Students
- B-43 Students
- A+41 Students
- A-38 Students
- B29 Students
- C28 Students
- C+27 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 70 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.27 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.26 responses
Schools like Pembroke Academy
- B+Concord High School
- Concord School District, NH
- 415 reviews
- B+Goffstown High School
- Goffstown School District, NH
- 351 reviews
- B-John Stark Regional High School
- Public School
- Weare, NH
- 215 reviews
- C+Merrimack Valley High School
- Merrimack Valley School District, NH
- 163 reviews
Pembroke Academy Reviews
The academic offerings at Pembroke Academy was substantially satisfying compared to other small public schools in the area. I enjoyed almost all of my teachers and classes while attending Pembroke Academy as they thoroughly enjoyed the work they were doing and assisted the students with anything they needed which included personal matters. I believe the structure of the school in terms of layout and general wear of the facilities offered could be improved but I understand that it's lack of budget prevents it from making repairs and modern updates in relation to other schools. The Chromebook initiative in particular, which offered free Chromebooks to all incoming freshmen at Pembroke Academy, pleasantly surprised me as a way of lowering barriers within education between varying social economic classes and I strongly support their decison even though upperclassmen did not receive these benefits. I also believe the administration sufficiently prepares students for post graduation.
Pembroke Academy may seem like it's not a very good school because of the size. It is very small but after being there for just a year, you know it is much more. The teachers and staff are supportive and welcoming to all students. Guidance counselors will help all students with questions and help them reach their goals, even if the student isn't theirs. Teachers involve current issues and topics into their lessons. Many teachers also try to prepare students for the real world. Sports and arts are treated equally. This high school isn't a stereotypical high school, it's much better.
My experience with Pembroke Academy was mostly good. It had its ups and down, just like any other school. My favorite thing about this school is the amount of school spirit we have. We have events like the powder puff football game, spirit days, homecoming and our favorite event winter carnival. Winter carnival at PA was the best experience of my high school career. At PA, we take it very seriously. We spend all week participating in spirit days and events. My favorite part was hallway decorations. My class has created phenomenal decorations the past 3 years all according to our theme. We may have only won once, our senior year,but it is in favor of the seniors. The energy during winter carnival is something I am unsure how to describe, but we are all yelling and screaming to support our classmates.There are funny moments that none of us will forget, and there are also sad moments watching it all come to end.I am thankful to be apart of a school that has as much school spirit as mine.