Pella High School is a highly rated, public school located in Pella, IA. It has 669 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Pella High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A83 Students
- A68 Students
- B+61 Students
- B+44 Students
- B-39 Students
- A-29 Students
- C+17 Students
- B12 Students
- B-11 Students
- B11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.21 responses
Schools like Pella High School
- BPCM High School
- PCM Community School District, IA
- 48 reviews
- BLynnville-Sully High School
- Lynnville-Sully Community School District, IA
- 12 reviews
- B-North Mahaska Junior/Senior High School
- North Mahaska Community School District, IA
- 24 reviews
- C+Oskaloosa High School
- Oskaloosa Community School District, IA
- 89 reviews
Pella High School Reviews
I loved how there were many dual-credit classes. They prepared me for college and I am now graduating in 3 years instead of 4! They are in the process of renovations now, and I am excited to see how much the school improves.
Overall, the school does an excellent job of caring for the students in every way possible. From mental health to physical health, it is apparent that the staff treat their responsibilities as more than "just a job" and go out of their way to make sure the needs of the students are being met. You can tell that all staff....the front office personnel, administration, counselors, teachers, and maintenance staff...they all care deeply for the students. This philosophy is also apparent in the sports programs, as the athletes are boosted up with confidence in such a positive atmosphere. I can't say enough how impressed we are with Pella High School.
The education aspect of the school is very good and the teachers know what they are doing. Every other aspect of the school is awful. It is an ultra conservative environment and it is not diverse at all. For example, evolution is frowned upon being taught at the school.