Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Pella High School is a highly rated, public school located in Pella, IA. It has 693 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Pella High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A124 Students
- B+90 Students
- A88 Students
- B54 Students
- B-53 Students
- A38 Students
- B-21 Students
- B+15 Students
- B+14 Students
- B13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 27 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.22 responses
Schools like Pella High School
- B+PCM High School
- PCM Community School District, IA
- 55 reviews
- BLynnville-Sully High School
- Lynnville-Sully Community School District, IA
- 12 reviews
- BNorth Mahaska Junior/Senior High School
- North Mahaska Community School District, IA
- 26 reviews
- C+Oskaloosa High School
- Oskaloosa Community School District, IA
- 98 reviews
Pella High School Reviews
My experience at Pella High School was very good. Each teacher cared about your well being and personal and educational goals. I felt they prepared us very well for college offering lots of college courses students could take while still attending high school. They helped you along the way with the application process of college. Pella High School gave seniors a high chance of receiving at least one scholarship through dollars for scholars. They focused on our education and study habits all four years of high school preparing us to succeed in college. They take time to work with every student to place them in the best position possible to lead the student to a successful future.
Pella High School was an great small town school. The school provided a safe and encouraging environment for students to learn. The school is continuing to grow in academics and athletics. The culture of the school is also caring and motivating. Some problems with Pella High School is the average lunch food provided and average level of challenging courses. Although the school is slowly developing to be better, at the moment, it is great but could be better.
When I was in high school, I had the most amazing teachers that would help in anyway to watch us succeed. The actual school itself was in very rough condition. However, since I have left the school underwent huge renovations and is really amazing right now. When I got to college I felt extremely prepared for the classes and experience of college. Pella is not a very diverse community so my high school was 90% white people, so when I got to college it was an eye opening experience about all the different cultures there are outside of my small hometown.