Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Pelican Rapids Secondary School is a public school located in Pelican Rapids, MN. It has 394 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Pelican Rapids Secondary School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B31 Students
- B+20 Students
- A-17 Students
- B15 Students
- A14 Students
- B+12 Students
- B-9 Students
- B+9 Students
- C+7 Students
- B+7 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 11 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Pelican Rapids Secondary School Reviews
I am attending Pelican Rapids High School this year as a junior. I love the diversity and the friendly personalities throughout the school. However the students are great, I do not like the teachers very much. They are not very friendly and tend to favor students, especially athletes. Some teachers give special treatment and tend to make students feel left out.
PRHS is a fantastic school! Teachers and staff truly care about all students. There are many opportunities for students to participate in many different activities. In addition to sports they have excellent knowledge bowl, math team, music, drama, robotics, speech, PaY, FFA, and more. There is a climate of high respect among students and staff.
I have had a good experience at my school. I have been given the opportunity to be involved in many activities. My school has prepared me for college.