Pelham Memorial High School is an elite, public school located in Pelham, NY. It has 841 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Pelham Memorial High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+72 Students
- A+60 Students
- A-54 Students
- A+54 Students
- A+50 Students
- A49 Students
- A-46 Students
- A+44 Students
- A-44 Students
- A+41 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 32 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Schools like Pelham Memorial High School
- A+Edgemont Junior/Senior High School
- Edgemont Union Free School District, NY
- 75 reviews
- A+Manhasset Secondary School
- Manhasset Union Free School District, NY
- 51 reviews
- A+Paul D. Schreiber Senior High School
- Port Washington Union Free School District, NY
- 191 reviews
- A+Greenwich High School
- Greenwich School District, CT
- 354 reviews
Pelham Memorial High School Reviews
The educational system at Pelham Memorial High School is excellent in my opinion. Most of the teachers are really knowledgeable, genuine and helpful. The work load can be attainable based on the classes you are enrolled in, however the cirrculum in this school requires more work ethic based on how the teachers determine the difficulty of the tests, quizzes and based on how much work load they want their students to handle. Another factor that contributes to the school curriculum at Pelham Memorial High School is how competitive it can be and how much involvement the parents within the community have in the school.
The 4 years I have spent here at Pelham Memorial High School have been good overall. It has been an interesting experience, because I got more exposed to both pleasant and unpleasant things. I have enjoyed spending time with my good friends, and have developed good relationships with the counselors who have encouraged me to stay focused on my goals. I have been taught a lot of good lessons about life by my mother, guidance counselors and my guardian to guide throughout my high school career. Going to Pelham Memorial High School has really taught me a lot since I have developed a lot of good characteristics such as being positive, working hard and stay ambitious. The schools is located in a well organized peaceful town named Pelham in Westchester County New York. The older people within the town are kind and I have been able to develop good relationships with different groups of people who are add value to my life and have been a good influence to me.
The teachers at Pelham Memorial High School are friendly, persistent, helpful, and well educated. Most of them have inspired me to not limit myself, to go after my goals and to stay focused and keep working hard. My favorite teachers who I would come to see frequently showed me how important it is to prepare ahead by reading more and teaching myself more information. Some were strict graders, for instance, my AP U.S History teacher would show me the careless mistakes I would make when writing essays. Every time there was an up coming test, he would show me the main topics I needed to study. The same thing applied to my Biology Honors teacher I had in 9th Grade. I would always note down the important stuff he taught and I would come review the content with him everyday after school ended. These teachers were considerate enough to help me during times of difficulty.