Pelham Memorial High School is an elite, public school located in Pelham, NY. It has 853 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 99% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Pelham Memorial High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+75 Students
- A+62 Students
- A-55 Students
- A+55 Students
- A53 Students
- A+51 Students
- A-46 Students
- A+44 Students
- A-44 Students
- A+41 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 32 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Schools like Pelham Memorial High School
- A+Edgemont Junior/Senior High School
- Edgemont Union Free School District, NY
- 75 reviews
- A+Manhasset Secondary School
- Manhasset Union Free School District, NY
- 56 reviews
- A+Paul D. Schreiber Senior High School
- Port Washington Union Free School District, NY
- 194 reviews
- A+Greenwich High School
- Greenwich School District, CT
- 365 reviews
Pelham Memorial High School Reviews
The teachers put their best efforts to help you understand the material. They give you a choice of many different types of activities/clubs to help you figure out your interests. It's a very friendly environment and their is support all around. This school also offers open enrollment so you choose between different class to find the one that best suits you. Finding a good collage is hard, the counselors here do everything to make sure your attending your best fit collage.
My experience at Pelham Memorial High School has been one of great prestige. Not only have I grown as an individual and young adult, but I have adapted many skills that consist of interacting with people, especially my teachers. Attending Pelham Memorial High School is more than getting a high school degree, as the staff there is truly dedicated with providing students, such as myself, with the best experience possible.
The educational system at Pelham Memorial High School is excellent in my opinion. Most of the teachers are really knowledgeable, genuine and helpful. The work load can be attainable based on the classes you are enrolled in, however the cirrculum in this school requires more work ethic based on how the teachers determine the difficulty of the tests, quizzes and based on how much work load they want their students to handle. Another factor that contributes to the school curriculum at Pelham Memorial High School is how competitive it can be and how much involvement the parents within the community have in the school.