Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Pelham Memorial High School is a top rated, public school located in Pelham, NY. It has 909 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 99% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Pelham Memorial High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+106 Students
- A+90 Students
- A+85 Students
- A-77 Students
- A75 Students
- A+68 Students
- A+68 Students
- A67 Students
- A-66 Students
- A+59 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 32 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Schools like Pelham Memorial High School
- A+Edgemont Junior/Senior High School
- Edgemont Union Free School District, NY
- 88 reviews
- A+Manhasset Secondary School
- Manhasset Union Free School District, NY
- 67 reviews
- A+Paul D. Schreiber Senior High School
- Port Washington Union Free School District, NY
- 225 reviews
- A+Greenwich High School
- Greenwich School District, CT
- 432 reviews
Pelham Memorial High School Reviews
PHMS is a progressive, supportive H.S with many learning and social opportunities. They offer a wide range of AP, research, art and tech classes, foster a cohesive student body and have a lot of sports and clubs. The teachers are easily accessible and they adapt to the student's individual needs. The administration is constantly creating and re-evaluating it's educational and social goals in terms of 3-5 year plans, using the most currently available and valid programs and educational philosophies. The school has strong sports programs, and active theatre program and lots of school spirit including an annual week long Olympics competition between the grades. The school is also supported by an active, non profit called the Pelham Education Foundation which fundraises to provide additional resources to staff and students for materials and programs outside of the budget including a Makers space, additional band instruments and teacher residencies.
When I moved to Pelham from NYC in 2016, I was extremely nervous. I had never lived or attended a school in the suburbs and it was a very new experience. My hesitations were quickly dismissed, however, when I began my schooling at Pelham Memorial High School. The community, my teachers, and my peers were all very welcoming and kind, and I found myself immersed in the school very quickly. PMHS offers lots of different activities for everyone, like clubs, sports, community service and volunteer options, and many more. The school is very community oriented, and offers lots of different opportunities to be apart of community events and such. Now as a senior, reflecting back on my entire high school experience, I am very happy that I was able to attend Pelham Memorial High School.
I found that I gravitate toward smaller environments where you are able to create stronger bonds with people around you. I've grown up in Pelham, New York, which is a very small town and school. I found that it was extremely helpful to have teachers that can recognize when I'm struggling, and make a strong effort in helping me improve. I also loved that being in a small school I was able to form strong bonds with my classmates and help support one another. In high school I participated in Cheerleading a sport that in most schools doesn't have a lot of support behind them. However, In Pelham Memorial High School the facility and students were right behind us with a supporting hand. Also, being that we were such a small school we were able to create new create traditions that would help bring us even closer. These traditions would carry on for multiple years. As a fellow student at Pelham Memorial high school I would say it felt more like family than anything else.