Pelham High School is a highly rated, public school located in Pelham, AL. It has 964 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 20% of students are at least proficient in math and 45% in reading.
Pelham High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-101 Students
- A89 Students
- A85 Students
- B-37 Students
- B35 Students
- B34 Students
- A-28 Students
- A-27 Students
- B23 Students
- B19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.208 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.208 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 913 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.208 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.208 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.208 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.208 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.208 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.208 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.208 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.208 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.208 responses
Pelham High School Reviews
Pelham High School’s culture is like none other. The students, faculty, and administration are like one big family working toward a common goal: prepare the students for their next step in life, but send them off with as much knowledge and the best memories possible. The teachers and administrators take steps to give the student body a voice in improving their experience at PHS, from academics to the arts to sports to clubs. My time at PHS thus far has truly been one of rigor, excitement, fun, and growth. It’s always a great day to be a panther! Go ‘ham!
At Pelham High School, I have experienced an extremely passionate teaching staff, the majority of them staying after students leave to continue working towards a creatively engaging lesson. Nearly every teacher stands out in the hall between classes with a smile on their face greeting the wide variety of students that pass them. Indeed the student body at Pelham is undeniably diverse, and while these gaps are sometimes evident among some friend groups, the students at Pelham are not exclusive. I have played on the soccer team the past two years and have joined a small number of the plethora of unique clubs and extracurricular activities which unite the students at Pelham. The enthusiasm of the teachers and the respect among students for one another truly make Pelham High School a wonderful place to learn every day!
Most of the teachers were very motivated to teach the students at Pelham High School and actually put effort into helping each student work towards what they wanted. The environment is mostly good, but most all of the time you can walk down the hallway and hear a million things that are NOT too happy:) (coming from students). The school was cleaned most of the time and I never felt like I was in a "prison on the hill." The teachers also were very friendly to not only one another, but to the students, which also made the students more inclined to learn. Pelham High School has helped me achieve what I needed to to go to my dream college with the ACT score I got!