Pelham High School
- PELHAM, AL
grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B+
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade A minus
- Administrationgrade B+
- Sportsgrade A minus
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Pelham High School is a highly rated, public school located in PELHAM, AL. It has 1,015 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Pelham High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus137 Students
- grade A120 Students
- grade A minus119 Students
- grade B minus54 Students
- grade B50 Students
- grade B45 Students
- grade A minus40 Students
- grade A35 Students
- grade C33 Students
- grade B29 Students
Map is loading
View Homes Near Pelham High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B+
- Good for Familiesgrade A+
- Housinggrade A
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade A minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 209 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 209 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 754 responses
- Spirit Week16%
- Prom, Miss PHS, Sports games11%
- Write Night and school plays8%
- Karaoke Night7%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 209 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 209 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 209 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 209 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 209 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 209 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$17,233 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 209 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 209 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 209 responses
Pelham High School Reviews
Rating 4.28 out of 5 271 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Although I have not graduated yet, I have had a pleasant experience at Pelham High School. All the staff and administration are so involved and do their best to make sure the students are not only prepared for the future in whatever we may choose, but ensure that we have a positive experience. Through the pandemic the teachers have sacrificed so much to make sure we are still learning and working towards our goals. The school provides countless classes and opportunities to prepare/prep students for college, such as AP classes, ACT study sessions, and dull enrollment. They create a fun and inclusive environment for all students with clubs, sports, academics, etc. I’m proud to be a Pelham Panther! Go ham!
Pelham High School’s culture is like none other. The students, faculty, and administration are like one big family working toward a common goal: prepare the students for their next step in life, but send them off with as much knowledge and the best memories possible. The teachers and administrators take steps to give the student body a voice in improving their experience at PHS, from academics to the arts to sports to clubs. My time at PHS thus far has truly been one of rigor, excitement, fun, and growth. It’s always a great day to be a panther! Go ‘ham!
At Pelham High School, I have experienced an extremely passionate teaching staff, the majority of them staying after students leave to continue working towards a creatively engaging lesson. Nearly every teacher stands out in the hall between classes with a smile on their face greeting the wide variety of students that pass them. Indeed the student body at Pelham is undeniably diverse, and while these gaps are sometimes evident among some friend groups, the students at Pelham are not exclusive. I have played on the soccer team the past two years and have joined a small number of the plethora of unique clubs and extracurricular activities which unite the students at Pelham. The enthusiasm of the teachers and the respect among students for one another truly make Pelham High School a wonderful place to learn every day!