Pekin Community High School is a public school located in Pekin, IL. It has 1,927 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 36% in reading.
Pekin Community High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-205 Students
- B+202 Students
- A-122 Students
- A+105 Students
- B75 Students
- B+63 Students
- B57 Students
- B-52 Students
- B-43 Students
- B42 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 51 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.29 responses
Schools like Pekin Community High School
- A-Washington Community High School
- Public School
- Washington, IL
- 114 reviews
- B-Delavan High School
- Delavan Community Unit School District No. 703, IL
- 10 reviews
- BIllini Bluffs High School
- Illini Bluffs Community Unit School District No. 327, IL
- 31 reviews
- B+Tremont High School
- Tremont Community Unit School District No. 702, IL
- 38 reviews
Pekin Community High School Reviews
Pekin Community High School, deserves more credit than it is normally given. Lots of students complain about the administration being poor or the teachers not caring about their students, but they do. These students who only have negative things to say are the ones who are consistently in the dean's office for breaking rules and doing things they know will land them in trouble. As for diversity, while Pekin doesn't have the greatest racial diversity (which can be attributed to the actual population of the city), it is growing. They also have a lot of socio-economic diversity, which is always a great and shows that the school is not discriminatory towards those of a lower class.
At Pekin Community High School their are many opportunities to participate in clubs and organizations. I am involved in the JROTC program, student council, dragon day leaders, just to name a few. The only thing I would change about Pekin is increasing the number of AP classes available. While we do have a lot of AP classes, I think offering more would be a great opportunity.
I am a senior this year and have absolutely loved being a student at Pekin Community High School for the past four years. My favorite aspect of PCHS is the phenomenal teaching staff that PCHS has! From social studies and mathematics to science and English, I have had teachers who genuinely care about each and every student in their classes and have high expectations for us. PCHS also offers a wide variety of AP classes that do a wonderful job of preparing students for college! I feel well equipped and excited about college as a result of the countless amount of time and energy PCHS pours into paving the way for their students to walk into bright futures.