Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Pecos High School is a public school located in Pecos, NM. It has 165 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 5% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Pecos High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B60 Students
- B34 Students
- C+33 Students
- B-20 Students
- C+16 Students
- C+15 Students
- C13 Students
- A10 Students
- B10 Students
- C+9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 6 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Pecos High School Reviews
Pecos High School is very average at pretty much everything, other than sports. Academics can be improved, but they're getting better. Pecos is a small town so there is a small group of people with little diversity. Most teachers do they're best to prepare the students for long term goals. After the Gear-Up program has been discontinued there is a small college readiness. There are maybe five clubs and activities at the school.
My high school experience at Pecos High School was ultimately very average. The academics, certrainly need help but are also average. The boys basketbal, track team, the cheer team, and the cross country achieved a state title. Almost all students are Hispanic/Latino, so not much diversity. Most teachers do a great job at teaching their students. There is a gear up program, which gets students ready for careers and college. There are not very many clubs or activities, there is the guardians, student council, and Spanish club.
What i liked about Pecos High School was all the amazing opportunities the school gave us. For example, Junior year, as a student, you begin to take college classes. This is an amazing way to start a community college and get a feeling of what college is like. Thanks for the school giving us this opportunity, myself as a senior in high school, will be graduating from both high school and community college. I would not like anything to change about my school. Everything and everyone was great here and i am grateful for attending Pecos High School.