Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade B
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A minus
- Health & Safetygrade A minus
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade A minus
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B+
Pebble Hills High School is an above average, public school located in El Paso, TX. It has 2,466 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Pebble Hills High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B minus326 Students
- grade B+230 Students
- grade A+194 Students
- grade A+170 Students
- grade B minus164 Students
- grade A minus144 Students
- grade B+139 Students
- grade A minus115 Students
- grade A108 Students
- grade B80 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B+
- Good for Familiesgrade B+
- Housinggrade B minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade A minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 14 responses
- Spirit Week50%
- Pep rallies43%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 8 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade A minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$9,684 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 8 responses
Pebble Hills High School Reviews
Rating 4.36 out of 5 75 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
My experience at Pebble Hills High School has been amazing! The environment and pride that Pebble Hills High School has is full of happiness, excitement, and positivity. Teachers and counselors treat every single student as family. STUCO does a great job creating fun activities for students every year such as pepe-rallies, themed parades, Midnight pepe-rallies, Weekly themed dressing dates, lunch events such as Mariachi party on Mexico's Independence day, Teacher decorating door competition and many others. The Sparta Business Academy Program which is one of the best endorsement programs across The Socorro Independent School District, has been nationwide recognized in Business Professionals of America Competition. It successfully prepares students for their future Business career, offering Dual Credit classes such as Accounting and Economics. In addition, Peblle Hills High School is ranked as one of the best high schools across the city based on STAAR Test Scores.
I grew up in a military home so that means traveling and moving around a lot. Pebble Hills was the third high school that I changed to in my 4 years of high school. As a person who has witnessed different schools, staff, and environment, Pebbles Hills was the best high school that I've been to. You are held accountable for behaviors that aren't aiming to help you strive. The staff and environment are very welcoming. It gets hard to keep starting new every year but to have a school that is willing to work with you until you are comfortable is rare. I especially love how close together the students were. There were so many pep rallies and activities like the fall festival that brought the students together. I got to experience what it means to be apart of a community at school and I would not trade that experience for the world. I never understood the effects that Pebble Hills High School had on me until the pandemic hit. I will always remember "Once a spartan, always a spartan."
I love how everyone feels connected in this campus, including the wonderful teachers. Teachers here love making mutual friendships with their students which make the experience worth while here. I do not favor school, but the faculty make it a great experience. The one and only drawback to this school is the expectations of the campus. They praise those with high grades and those who score high on exams. I think every other student here is often overlooked because they are not as academically successful when everyone is outstanding in their own way. For example, my friend is talented with cars, he performs the same duties as a mechanic but the school does not recognize him because he is the average student.