Pearls Hawthorne School is a highly rated, public, magnet school located in Yonkers, NY. It has 836 students in grades PK, K-8 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 73% of students are at least proficient in math and 71% in reading.
Pearls Hawthorne School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Pearls Hawthorne School
Cost is for the most complete schedule offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Pearls Hawthorne School Reviews
PEARLS will always be where I had my start in an education. However, there is a lot of tea to be spilled about the school. For example, our potential school shooting by a middle school student or our constant problems with 7th and 8th graders in general. The facilities are slightly below average in that the gym roof leaks when it rains and that there is not any air conditioning. A lot of the older students have mental health issues from stress and being over worked with multiple test in projects due in a close proximity of each other . I feel we only teach for the tests and very few teachers are truly engaging for whole lessons. PEARLS is not the best environment for everyone socialy as we judge quite harshly. But you will be very ready and prepared for high school and college.
First year with Pearls coming from other schools in the district Pearls teachers are amazing! They challenge the children at all levels. My children and I as a parent are extremely happy with the school and staff!
PEARLS was a very diverse school and was challenging in academics. The teachers really cared about their student's success. There were school trips all the time that enhanced our knowledge of the world.