Pearland High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+269 Students
- A-250 Students
- A+184 Students
- B123 Students
- A-119 Students
- B115 Students
- B+111 Students
- A101 Students
- A+89 Students
- B81 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.45 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.46 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 116 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.52 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.78 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.78 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.78 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.85 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.85 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.85 responses
Pearland High School Reviews
Review Pearland High School
The best thing about PHS has been the overwhelmingly accepting atmosphere for a multitude of different student groups. The district's effective No Place for Hate campaign I feel was instrumental in transforming the now-forwards student culture. At least in the culture of students in AP and fine arts courses, there are quite literally little to no antagonists in terms of ridiculing or disrespecting students based on interests, race, activities, orientation, composure, etcetera. The teachers are top-notch in their apparent care for the success of their students - a trait quite admirable for a teacher. The district's funding for certain areas besides band and football could be amended. The overall maintenance of facilities at the school are appreciated.
All the organizations at my school are filled with amazing people with a will to help our community. We are given many volunteer opportunities to get to know more people in our city and enjoy the feeling of helping other people out. We have many different clubs with great sponsors and presidents. A new club was created this year called Science Club and it is one of my most favorite clubs at the school. We help out the community by volunteering, do environmental projects, and fun science activities. Furthermore, we are always welcoming to more new members!
There are various sports offered on this campus including football, soccer, basketball, volleyball, cross country, track & field, swimming, softball and tennis as well as other activities and clubs such as band, cheerleading, academic teams, yearbook etc, etc. Administration appears to be very supportive and promotes these activities as well. They even participate often. For example, the high school hosts an annual volleyball tournament between teachers and students as well as other opportunities that promotes students to spend time with their teachers outside of the classroom. There are also class trips organized for travel around the world and other parts of the US. Some of the sports teams also host Teacher Appreciation nights at their games to give students the opportunity to show their gratitude and appreciation to those teachers and staff members that have had a positive impact on their lives.